• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thought went from 0 to 1/2 was from ldn but i think it was from carbs : (

bensmith

That was so nice. I cant believe how sick and low i am. Just being able to use my imagination, listen to audio books, talk with famkly for 10 mins. Read a bit. But back to 0 this morning, must have been the carbs. My quality of life is terrible now ive seen even a 1/2!

think the ldn helps a bit but i thought i went up a point or two. Carbs give me energy but i know that wont last : (. What a bummer! It would help so much to bump up again.

i was so sure i had a new lease on life and it was all going to be ok finally. Back to the grind stone : (. I dont like it here : (((((. I forgot what even some quality if life looked like.

Last edited:

xebex

keep going with the LDN, carbs might be good for you you are seeing little glimpses of improvement I know it’s torture to see the improvement and then get it snatched away but it’s better than it was!

As for carbs I find them very helpful but when and what I eat is important. For me it’s very important not to have any refined carbs or sugar but plenty of whole grains, starchy veg like sweet potato and squash, make sure I eat protein and fat for breakfast and no carbs after dinner, it helps keep me feeling more stable and not eating carbs after 6 reduces my toxic feeling.

bensmith

Its so bad, truly one of the worst days of my life.

compounded by the fact i just drank a meal replacemanr that has made me
Trip a bit. Back to my dark alone room : (

my carbs were refined too so prob cheap energy. Blah. Wish i never felt better lol.

i think the ldn helps but just makes the 0 more bearable. Man im tired of being so sick. I knew i could tolerate it all better at even a 1 but jeez. Its really lonely and ugly down here.

Wolfcub

Can you handle chocolate?

It's much maligned, but I find it often helps me. Dark or milk doesn't seem to make much difference. It doesn't even have to be "posh chocolate".
It's easy to digest (I find) and has a gentle boost effect on me. And that's NOT the so-called caffeine content.
Even the smallest weakest tiniest cup of coffee will make me shake -even a China tea (weak) will make me shake. Same with green tea.
I am really sensitive to caffeine. But chocolate never affects me that way! So yes, okay, most chocolate has sugar in it.
But it's more than just a "sugar boost" and lasts me much longer than -say -a spoonful of sugar would.
Anyway....everything in moderation -hey?

I could eat that and get some support and benefit from it when I couldn't eat anything else once (snakebite)

bensmith

No cant choc but thats great. You only ate chocolate for a time? Maybe refined carbs give me some energy they seem to but its weird seems like low carb is common. But like you said maybe its ok. Just very confusing, domt want to borrow down the road but maybe its ok not sure wjat is happenint.

Wolfcub

There are carbs that it's okay to eat. I don't mean just vegetables, but brown rice, wholewheat pasta, quinoa, oatmeal etc. Some, like pasta, oatmeal, would depend though if you are OK with gluten or not.
Even ordinary potatoes aren't unhealthy if they suit you.

bensmith

Its refined carbs that are giving me energy like cereal and pizza so prob just the sugar not sure. Like rice and patots domt move the needle. Havent tried pasta. I ate cereal again this morning and it just raises me from 0 to maybe 2. But i guess its cheating energy i think. I almost dont care i got to actaully wagch and talk basketball with dad today it and yesterday it was huge. But i asisme itll crash iut soon. Before i ate cereal again today it was bad. Like real bad.

dave11

I suspect that skipping breakfast for many years led to my problem with adrenal fatigue (low salt issues) and hypoglycemia (low sugar issues). Eating 5 small meals a day is helpful for me. I keep some sugar cubes and sea salt near me for a fast pick-me-up as needed. If they help, I know I need to eat some food.