• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

This college dropout was bedridden for 11 years. Then he invented a surgery and cured himself

Gondwanaland

By Ryan Prior, CNN

Updated 1540 GMT (2340 HKT) July 27, 2019

(CNN)Doug Lindsay was 21 and starting his senior year at Rockhurst University, a Jesuit college in Kansas City, Missouri, when his world imploded.
After his first day of classes, the biology major collapsed at home on the dining room table, the room spinning around him.
It was 1999. The symptoms soon became intense and untreatable. His heart would race, he felt weak and he frequently got dizzy. Lindsay could walk only about 50 feet at a time and couldn't stand for more than a few minutes.
"Even lying on the floor didn't feel like it was low enough," he said.
The former high school track athlete had dreamed of becoming a biochemistry professor or maybe a writer for "The Simpsons."
Instead, he would spend the next 11 years mostly confined to a hospital bed in his living room in St. Louis, hamstrung by a mysterious ailment.
Doctors were baffled. Treatments didn't help. And Lindsay eventually realized that if he wanted his life back, he would have to do it himself.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/27/health/doug-lindsay-invented-surgery-trnd/index.html

Tammy

Hmmmmmmmm. He started out with Mono......which is EBV. Something I learned from Anthony William is that adrenaline is one of several things that can act as fuel for the EBV. So take away the fuel.......or I should say lessen the fuel might have been enough for the virus to go dormant. Just pondering.

Last edited:

Sidny

It's not mentioned in the writing...............it's mentioned when the man is talking in the video.
Ah I didn’t even realize there was a video I just read the article. It’s kind of odd though how the text article makes no mention of it!! Seems like something critical that shouldn’t have been left out!

Back