• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Theological thoughts

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
That's somewhat of a broad question.
Thoughts regarding anything in particular?
Do you have a purpose or criteria in mind for the discussion?

Amaya2014

@brenda I feel similar. Studying on my own has led me to see the book as a way to understand evolving, learning to accept whatever comes our way in this life, and finding a way to trust that somehow there is a good that we may not see initially. One line always sticks out to me "Who can straighten what God has made crooked". Are we on the same page?

brenda

@brenda I feel similar. Studying on my own has led me to see the book as a way to understand evolving, learning to accept whatever comes our way in this life, and finding a way to trust that somehow there is a good that we may not see initially. One line always sticks out to me "Who can straighten what God has made crooked". Are we on the same page?

Yes l think that we are roughly. I wrote an essay on a course about it and can post it if interested. You will then see my perspective.

Amaya2014

@brenda Yes please. I would love for you to share :thumbsup: I ran across a book once written by a doc who came down with CFS and his book explored the spiritual journey of chronic illness. I found it encouraging, especially when I was struggling with the Why me? thoughts. If I think of his name or the title I will post.

cmt12

On a forum struggling to find answers this quote seems most relevant:

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Amaya2014

@brenda Thank you so much for your article. I have cognitive impairment, so it will take some time to read and reply but I wanted you to know I got it and appreciate you for not holding these insights :cool:.

Dr.Patient

There is no kinship like the one we share!
@brenda Yes please. I would love for you to share :thumbsup: I ran across a book once written by a doc who came down with CFS and his book explored the spiritual journey of chronic illness. I found it encouraging, especially when I was struggling with the Why me? thoughts. If I think of his name or the title I will post.

Thank you, I want to read that book as well, hopefully you will remember it soon!:)

Dr.Patient

Fi
Thank you, I want to read that book as well, hopefully you will remember it soon!:)
Would that be Fred Friedberg's Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome: 7 proven steps to less pain and more energy?

Dr.Patient

Sorry, meant to reply here...

Would that be Fred Friedberg's Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome: 7 proven steps to less pain and more energy?

anyone have any theological thoughts on biblical texts?
I've just come across this. I like to discuss Theology as I studied it for my degree. Regarding the Bible, I'm sorry but I do not give any credence to it. I don't believe in the god of the Bible. Some of what Jesus is supposed to have taught is worth listening to but so are the teachings of the Buddha, Socrates and other philosophers.