• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Weather Ups and Downs are Wreaking Havoc on my Symptoms

Carrigon

Anyone else suffering with the weird weather spikes? I'm totally dying. We had 80 degree weather, then it dropped into the fifties and now I've got the chills and can't get warm. Totally sick. I hate weird weather.

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
Me too. The weather hasn't been as extreme here as you mention, but we have a few sunny days and then the clouds and rain come back and is sends me downhill. I am so impacted by temperature and barometric pressure changes. I keep waiting for the sun to come out and stay out, but I can't stand the heat, either, even when I'm out of the kitchen!

wciarci

Wenderella
Hi Carrigon, yes, I am completely down, can't digest anything, exhausted, that flu like feeling. For me it is low or unstable barometric pressure rather than temperature. I am hoping this stabilizes soon. It seems like it has been a year of this unstable pressure. Last summer was terrible!

Wendy

I am right there with you. My body is very sensitive to temp and it is especially horrible when the barometer goes down.

Misfit Toy

Don't do well with heat and humidity and I think we both live in the same state so yeah. Do better in winter but love the sun and summer. Did better when I lived out West.

wciarci

Wenderella
I love New Hampshire, I spend some of the summer up there. I can't explain why, I just feel better. Summer in Ct is pure hell for me.

Wendy