• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Vaccine War -- Aired on Frontline 4-27-10

Wayne

PBS Frontline on Autism Resorts to Pseudo-Documentary, Tabloid Journalism
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jay-gordon/pbs-frontline-show-about_b_554691.html

Investigative Reporting is dead. :worried:

Hey Stuart,

Thanks much for your great links. I agree with your analysis of investigative reporting. I wonder if part of the reason is because they sometimes try to pull a story together before having enough time to fully investigate it? Or is it because once they come to their own pre-conceived conclusions, they don't pursue it further? Hard to say.

Wayne

Wayne

I just finished watching this ... I really didn't think it was as one sided as others had said. But, I'm pro Generation Rescue, DAN, etc and was cheering for them whenever they were on. I thought they all did a great job ... and I was making fun of the others. They just seem so clueless to me ..

Hi X,

You make a good point about DAN. It reminds me of the part about the young woman (ex-cheerleader) who had the severe reaction to the flu vaccine. She then regained her health after doing many of the treatments that are part of the DAN protocol.

These treatments included chelation, hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT), etc. I thought that section of the program deserved much more in-depth coverage. Instead, they seemed to cast some aspersions on the whole episode that I thought did not reflect well on Frontline.

Wayne

Wayne

Hi All,

Well I'm sort of wearing myself down at the moment. I do want to thank all the other posters however for taking the time to share your thoughts. This is a subject that is not going away. And I always appreciate hearing others' insights.

Wayne

natasa778

Though they did present both sides of the story, I thought their bias was pretty evident. Why not mention that one of their main spokespersons (Paul Offitt) has made tens of millions of dollars from the MMR vaccine, and stands to continue to reap these financial rewards?

It is actually Rotateq rotavirus vaccine. He compared having a patent on a vaccine to "winning a lottery".

This is someone who does not see patients, let alone patients with autism. He has admitted not knowing anything about autism. Yet he is the first port of call for mainstream media when it comes to anything related to autism, not just possible vaccine links. He published a book attacking doctors and parents who follow DAN or any other treatment protocols. Yet he has never treated anyone and does not know anything about any of those treatments. Nor has he met, or attempted to meet, anyone who follows them. He is quoted all the time in the mainstream media as someone in the know.

Wayne

Desiree Jennings' Reaction to Flu Shot

Given a lot of evidence suggesting a link between vaccinations and some cases of ME/CFS and other neurological disorders, I continue to be on the look out for relevant reporting on the subject. The following link will take you to an interesting ABC News" 20/20 segment on what happened to a young woman after receiving a flu shot.

Medical Mystery or Hoax: Did Cheerleader Fake a Muscle Disorder?

Desiree Jennings' Bizarre Symptoms -- Twisted Walk, Slurred Speech -- Turned Her Into Internet Sensation

carousel_2020_logo.gif

469 comments
By JIM AVILA and DEIRDRE COHEN

July 23, 2010

bakercape

In the article

about the danish psychiatrist absconding off with 2 million and doing hack research on vaccine safety it says he worked for Emory University. Doesn't the CDC use them for there hack CFS work also?