• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Serenity Prayer

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
TY Brown Eyed Girl

I used to say this prayer every day on the long drive to work. I have forgotten the words now, ty for bringing this back.

glen

rebecca1995

Apple, anyone?
Thanks so much for posting this, Brown-eyed Girl. I've always loved the first part of the Serenity Prayer, especially:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

It's applicable to so many different situations in our lives!

dancer

Thanks, Brown-eyed Girl!
Just the other day I was thinking about this prayer, and how appropriate it is to the challenges of CFS/ME - when there is so much that we can't control... or that feels way out of control.

BEG

Thanks danib, glenp, rebecca1995, and dancer,

Thanks for the affirmation that, yes, this little prayer when used, esp. over and over, packs a lot of power.

BE G

liverock

Thanks for posting that Brown Eyes, its always been one of my favorite prayers too.

This is another Bible verse that I have come to meditate on when feeling low.

attachment.php

The picture says it all for me, I can't physically run and my energy is depleted, but there is nothing to stop me soaring above it all, and sometimes I get a glimpse of heaven.

When that happens I come back down just that little bit stronger.

Maybe I should wait upon the Lord more often.:Retro smile:

dancer

Liverock,
I also love that verse. It's been a "theme song" for me in the recent years of having ME/CFS.

I also love
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
2 Cor. 4:16
Blessings!