• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Peer Review "Fig Leaf": Vera Hassner Sharav

natasa778

While the chief of the US National Institute of Mental Health this week stopped short of saying scientists are corrupt because of their ties to industry, as AP reported -- Vera Hassner Sharav does not give scientists a similar pass, partly because the testimonies she organized on unethical research on the mentally ill before the National Bioethics Advisory Committee in 1997 led to the shut down of 29 clinical trials at NIMH. Hassner Sharav is founder and president of the Alliance for Human Research Protection, a public interest watch dog group based in New York that aims to "unlock the walls of secrecy in biomedical research and to bring accountability to that endeavor"... http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL1004/S00011.htm

Mithriel

It was pointed out to me recently that medical research is not the same as scientific research and is not done in the same way though they pretend it is.

You see that in the ME/CFS research. They do not seem able to grasp the concept of positive and negative controls and why you need them.

Plus all the other things wrong as well. Science may be going the same way, but medicine got there first and is showing the way.

Mithriel