• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The opposite of de ja vu

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
The opposite is called jamais vu. Doesn't roll of the tongue like de ja vu.
Probably the last 6-12 months I've noticed I've been getting more frequent episodes of jamais vu, basically a sensation or a feeling there's something I have to do but no idea what it is. Seems to happen alot in the late afternoon/evening if I'm having a foggy time of things.
Usually there's nothing I've actually forgotten, and I just try to stop myself thinking about and say to myself that after a descent nights sleep it should come back to me if it's anything at all. I stopped myself typing good nights sleep and just typed descent🤣🤣
Is it another weird cfs symptom🤔

Cheers

GlassCannonLife

Not sure, when I get that it is normally something I have actually forgotten! Lol. Like I'll be planning on saying something then randomly forget it and have zero clue what it was and no way to remember.. Then I'll remember sometime later. :-/ gotta love it

heapsreal

Not sure, when I get that it is normally something I have actually forgotten! Lol. Like I'll be planning on saying something then randomly forget it and have zero clue what it was and no way to remember.. Then I'll remember sometime later. :-/ gotta love it

Memory retrieval especially names is a shocker for me. It helps calling everyone mate🤣
3 days later out of the blue the name pops into my head.

heapsreal

It sounds like an odd, perhaps OCD- type thought loop capture.

Could be, although I'm usually the opposite of ocd. Or paranoia that I've forgotten something, it's not really a thought but a sensation, when I realise it's happening I just ignore it. As long as I don't forget the Mrs birthday and our wedding anniversary, I should survive🤣

perchance dreamer

Could be, although I'm usually the opposite of ocd. Or paranoia that I've forgotten something, it's not really a thought but a sensation, when I realise it's happening I just ignore it. As long as I don't forget the Mrs birthday and our wedding anniversary, I should survive🤣

OMG, I did forget my wedding anniversary last year, and not for the first time! My mistake was not writing it down in my calendar, something I live and die by. It's ridiculous I forgot because we have our wedding date inscribed in our rings. DH always remembers and gets me a romantic gift.

I did recover quickly and sped to the grocery store. For dinner I made shrimp and scallops, his favorite entree, gingered butternut squash soup, and roasted haricot verts and cherry tomatoes with a balsamic reduction. I'm so glad I've had culinary training, which has saved me more than once!

heapsreal

OMG, I did forget my wedding anniversary last year, and not for the first time! My mistake was not writing it down in my calendar, something I live and die by. It's ridiculous I forgot because we have our wedding date inscribed in our rings. DH always remembers and gets me a romantic gift.

I did recover quickly and sped to the grocery store. For dinner I made shrimp and scallops, his favorite entree, gingered butternut squash soup, and roasted haricot verts and cherry tomatoes with a balsamic reduction. I'm so glad I've had culinary training, which has saved me more than once!

Sounds like you saved the day🤣🤣🤣
I have dates saved in my phone and get a reminder the day before which helps, but I can still forget lol.
Just got a new phone which I need to put the dates in but can't be bothered🤣

Rufous McKinney

OMG, I did forget my wedding anniversary last year, and not for the first time!

we seem to have no problem remembering the wedding anniversary since we got married on Valentine's Day.

Our problem is remembering what year, or how long. Every year we debate that point.

Our adult daughter, in all that same confusion, somehow decided she was conceived a bit prematurely, but this is not true. Its just her parents can't quite keep track of what year was that?

I remember the year I was 37, I was really 36 the whole time.

heapsreal

we seem to have no problem remembering the wedding anniversary since we got married on Valentine's Day.

Our problem is remembering what year, or how long. Every year we debate that point.

Our adult daughter, in all that same confusion, somehow decided she was conceived a bit prematurely, but this is not true. Its just her parents can't quite keep track of what year was that?

I remember the year I was 37, I was really 36 the whole time.
Valentines day! That's cheating🤣
But I'm not much better, our rugby league team we follow started in 1995 the year we were married. Helps me remember how long I've been married. To stir her up I usually say the North Queensland Cowboys started in 1995, that 27 years they have been going so yes married 27years, 🤣🤣

godlovesatrier

haha, I've learnt something new heaps!

My memory I swear has gone down the pan the last year, I haven't got a clue what it is that I've taken or am taking that's caused it. I removed the ALA and try to take benadryl rarely but sometimes it's just not possible to get any sleep. Anyway I don't know what it causing it, but I understand exactly what you're describing. However I've only felt it a few times really, so rarely essentially.

My issue really is that I just can't remember names or certain situations and experiences that well. I have noticed with Inosine that I suddenly am able to enjoy some things in a way that I haven't been able to for ages, but can't say it's fixed my memory recall :)