• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Mirror publishes an article on Lauren's euthanasia

Countrygirl

That this tragic story has appeared in the main press is quite a breakthrough. Readers now know how devastating ME can be.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/.../my-last-day-saturdaywoman-28...

'My last day will be Saturday’ - Woman, 28, shares harrowing post before euthanasiaA young woman who has documented her battle with myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) shared a final blog ahead of her assisted suicide, writing 'my last day will be Saturday'​

'My last day will be Saturday’ - Woman, 28, shares harrowing post before euthanasia​

A young woman who has documented her battle with myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) shared a final blog ahead of her assisted suicide, writing 'my last day will be Saturday'
Lauren Hoeve

Lauren Hoeve said her goodbyes in a final post (
Image: @dutchlauren/X)

A 28-year-old woman said her goodbyes in a final post - before dying 'peacefully' at home with her parents and best friend by her side.
Lauren Hoeve, who lived in the Netherlands, was diagnosed with myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) in 2019, a long-term condition associated with a range of symptoms, including extreme exhaustion. She became well-known in the community for her emotional and honest posts about the debilitating condition.

In 2022, Lauren began documenting her euthanasia application back in 2022, opening up about how living with ME had affected her, while attempting to break the 'taboo' surrounding conversations about dying. She has now passed away, after leaving one final message for those who've supported her on her difficult journey.

'I want to die with dignity - I fear a long protracted death but the law on assisted dying is cruel'

Lauren Hoeve
The blogger died 'peacefully' at home with her parents and best friend by her side. (
Image:
@dutchlauren/X)
Writing on blog Brain Fog on January 24, announced her last day would be Saturday, January 27, following a multi-disciplinary consultation (MDO) process, where she thanked people for their support over the years..........................