• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The ME community can harm patients

IreneF

Live Landmark is an NLP coach, Lightning Process practitioner... ... Here she has moved from promoting/marketing her coaching business to ineptly trying to validate the PACE Trial, cbt/get etc, criticising those who do not want to buy her wares, and insulting those who disagree with her.

Phil Parker (lightning process inventor) has also in the past resorted to insulting, even defaming, knowledgeable patients who are more than qualified to critique lightning process. It's uniquely aggressive behaviour from what are really NLP practitioners selling coaching courses (lightning), behaviour that is not compatible with the usually benign image of alternative practitioners.

Phil Parker has always insisted that Lightning is not Cbt, so what on earth is Live Landmark's motivation, at this precise moment, to embark on so very determindly bringing cbt/get/Pace to the attention of the Norwegian public? What is going on right now that a Lightning practitioner should so publicly try to discredit ME patient groups (those who do not want to buy a commercial coaching course, ie lightning).

There are many previous threads about Lightning on PR, including this one:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...n-me-by-six-norwegian-professors.34142/page-2

NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) is not exactly evidence-based.

Eeyore

Thank you @Jonathan Edwards for your comments.

It really does mean a lot of patients to get support from time to time from real scientists who genuinely are seeking the truth. This is an extremely isolating disease.

I also agree with your call for patients to be interested in good science. If we want the respect of scientists, we must all respect and demand rigorous science.

I hope your optimism is justified. I'm not convinced yet - but I certainly hope you are right. The work being done in Norway is the most hopeful that I have yet seen - so maybe you are right and the tide is turning.