• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Farnesoid X Receptor: Good for BAD (Bile Acid Diarrhea)

nanonug

COMMENT: Bile acid diarrhea is something that for whatever reason I've had for a long time. I intend to start very soon an experiment with a natural FXR agonist to see what happens.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5247348/

Abstract

Diarrhea is a feature of several chronic intestinal disorders that are associated with increased delivery of bile acids into the colon. Although the prevalence of bile acid diarrhea is high, affecting approximately 1% of the adult population, current therapies often are unsatisfactory. By virtue of its capacity to inhibit colonic epithelial fluid secretion and to down-regulate hepatic bile acid synthesis through induction of the ileal fibroblast growth factor 19 release, the nuclear bile acid receptor, farnesoid X receptor, represents a promising target for the development of new therapeutic approaches. Here, we review our current understanding of the pathophysiology of bile acid diarrhea and the current evidence supporting a role for farnesoid X receptor agonists in treatment of the disease.

COMMENT: Bile acid diarrhea is something that for whatever reason I've had for a long time. I intend to start very soon an experiment with a natural FXR agonist to see what happens.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5247348/

Abstract

Diarrhea is a feature of several chronic intestinal disorders that are associated with increased delivery of bile acids into the colon. Although the prevalence of bile acid diarrhea is high, affecting approximately 1% of the adult population, current therapies often are unsatisfactory. By virtue of its capacity to inhibit colonic epithelial fluid secretion and to down-regulate hepatic bile acid synthesis through induction of the ileal fibroblast growth factor 19 release, the nuclear bile acid receptor, farnesoid X receptor, represents a promising target for the development of new therapeutic approaches. Here, we review our current understanding of the pathophysiology of bile acid diarrhea and the current evidence supporting a role for farnesoid X receptor agonists in treatment of the disease.

I have this as well.

Which agonist have u tried?. I cannot find anyone.

Regards.