• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

THE EMBARGOED STUDIES REDUX by Mindy Kitei

Thanks for another excellent contribution. My first thought is the CDC couldn't find it in any positive controls, or any sample for that matter but they were going to publish anyway, until recently.... how arrogant!

Bob

So the CDC's negative study was reportedly unable to find any positives at all... which suggests failure of methodology (Typical of all failed studies to date).
And the FDA/NIH study reportedly found 7% in the normal population, which means that this is not to do with cohorts, but methodology.
If this was to do with cohorts, then the CDC would be able to find XMRV at least in some samples, but they just can't detect it at all, reportedly.

CBS

Hey, the CDC at least got the negative controls right..... :D

Like the proverbial broken clock that's right twice a day (except theirs is a digital and the backup battery was dead a long time ago).

usedtobeperkytina

Mindy, I read two sentences and said, "Yes!" I knew that either you or Amy at WSJ had a source that knew the figures. I saw y'all dancing around it. I thought to myself, someone outside of the insiders has to know. Some insider with all this other information that is public has to be talking and surely they are being asked. Often a reporter will agree to hold back in order to keep trust of that source giving other information, sometime depending on how soon the hold back information is expected to come forward.

I see you got the figure first. Hope your source is strong. With such a statement, would have to be very strong or have two sources.

Thanks for taking the time to ferret out this info for us. Looking forward to more.

Tina

usedtobeperkytina

Mindy, "my sources" is vague from a news reporting standpoint. Can you tell more about these sources? Someone at the journals? Someone at the agency who saw it? Someone who participated in the study? Another scientist that saw it?

I don't want you to get your source in trouble as we need more leaks. But, would love some more info about how close your source is, is it firsthand?

Tina