• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The DSM relabeled

G

Gerwyn

I thought as the psychiatrists involve in the DSM changes are attempting lo relabel our illness it would only be polite to relabel the DSM

I think the acronym DSM V should stand for

Doctors'Stupid Misdiagnoses scene 5 act 5

Any others?

G

George

Tit for Tat? (grins) I don't know if I can beat Doctors Stupid Misdiagnoses that's pretty good. Let's see. . .

Dangerous Somataform Malfeasance Version 5.0 ????

flybro

Doubley Stupid Mishmash and the 'V' is as it is elsewhere as a hand gesture and i don't mean peace.

julius

Watchoo lookin' at?
Devoid of Statistical Meaning

Devised by Serious Morons

Developed by Stupid M*ther F**kers (sorry)

Tammie

Disastrous "Scientific" Manipulation

Decidedly Slandorous Misattributions

Diagnsotics Stupidly Misinformed

Decisively Stupid Misdiagnoses

Derisively Slanted Malpractice (or Malfeascance)

Disabling Syndromes Maligned

Doctors Stay Misled

Doctors' Schooling Muddled

Dipsh!ts Slinging Mud

Tammie

Let us know how you REALLY feel about the DSM, Tammie.

This thread keeps me laughing!

LOL! You know, I think that it bothers me so much bc I have an MA in counseling, and I feel completely betrayed by this subset of people in the psych professions. I have always believed strongly that psychology can help with so many things (NOT cure CFS, though!) & I HATE how psychiatrists have increasingly perverted my field; using it to gain power and to harm patients, isntead of using it for good.

The whole original intent for the DSM was to help understand and treat, not to find ways to say practically everyone who is physically sick or even who acts a little different then the norm is somehow deviant and crazy.