• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The absence of IDO upregulates type 1 IFN production, resulting in suppression of viral replication in the retrovirus-infected mouse (Hoshi, 2010)

https://www.jimmunol.org/content/185/6/3305

Old paper but it made me wonder about a lot of things, like what would happen if they used mice without IDO and gave them other viruses. Or did these mice behave differently before they died.
They had increased type 1 IFNs and fought off the virus better than controls, survived longer… Makes me think about ME people who claim they don’t get colds anymore or as much (like me). No study on that but if it’s true, and if the hypothesis about having low IDO (or something like that) is true… which isn’t looking that promising… then maybe we could try to give mice ME by IDO knockout and infecting them with different viruses…? Like EBV etc