• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Terrible itch on thigh scratch not that hard tuns into terrible bruising???

hensue

What is that? have had it before on my arms. Looks like someone hit me and terrible puple or blue bruising. Did not scratch that hard.

Does anyone else have this? Maybe it has been discussed and I do not know it.

Thanks
Susie:confused:

rlc

hi hensue that a bit of a hard one to answear, there is alot of known medical conditions that can cause excessive bruising, i think the best bet would be to get a doctor to look into it. if you look on this site it lists 147 possible causes of excessive bruising http://en.diagnosispro.com/differen...ive-easy-bruising-tendency/37909-154-170.html maybe if you can print this information and get a doctor to look at it, it might help them to work it out. If you have any other strange symptoms, failed lab tests, taking any meds it might help narrow it down.It's really needs proper lab tests done to work out the cause. ALL the best, hope it gets worked out soon!

hensue

Thanks Ric

I can hit my leg or arm and it doesnt bruise. It is only when I get this severe itching and I scratch very tenderly. My skin turns turn purple and blue and hurts like your bruised.
Thanks a bunch
Susie

rlc

hi hensue glad to hear your not bruising when you hit yourself that rules out alot of nasty conditions. i think that because it's only happening when your scatching the itch, there's probably not to many things that can cause that, and a good doctor or dermatologist should be able to work it out reasonably quickly.

The site i mentioned earlier diagnosis pro is designed to be used by doctors and you can add other symptoms and lab test, and it tells you the most likly causes. i added itching to the results for easy bruising and it came up with 12 results, i don't know your history or what you,ve been tested for or meds your taking, but maybe some of these fit with your symptoms, theres a few liver and kidney conditions and also lupus, which can often get confused with CFS and also anti biotics and asprin. if you want you can press the add another findings button and put in more symptoms etc,

Hope this helps all the best

heres the link to what the site came up with http://en.diagnosispro.com/differen...sy-bruising-tendency/24807_37909-154_154.html

leaves

Hi Sue,
Do you get the itching after eating or drinking something specific? Or in certain conditions (dust, fumes, heat, sunshine) or after your skin comes into contact with something (fabric softener, soap etc)

hensue

Hey Leaves,
I dont know?? but why would it turn into bruising that quick? 2 days ago and i still have bruises not as prominent but still on my thigh. I was outside when I started itching. Had on pants and have changed no det or other stuff.
Weird, if I get it again this bad i am going to call the doc.
Take care
Susie