• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Targeting viruses in the CNS?

Davsey27

Hello

I have this idea and I could be mistaken on this.

My CFS is caused by herpes in the CNS

The thing that I find that helps the most is Klonopin,Epsom Salt transdermal and sunlight

How does one target these viruses on a budget?

I know Robert Navieux talks about the cell danger response system but I havent seen alot of treatments for this mechanism.

xebex

Look into monolaurin and anti viral herbs like oil of oregano, grape seed extract etc

I have tested positive for EVB, CMV and HSV (2). HSV 2 seems to reactivate once a month related to my period. Eating a diet higher in Lysine than arginine seems helpful to avoid outbreaks (before I cut corn and peanuts I was outbreaking every few days!) but even when I have the outbreaks under control there seems to be no improvement in my ME. If I crash hard from using my muscles it seems I reactivate CMV I actually got tested in a crash once and that found active CMV.

It seems that some people benefit from antivirals but others don’t.

For me doing a brief biofilm protocol seemed more beneficial (even though I have no gut symptoms) than directly addressing the viruses. But it took about a year of trial and error and being very careful as those protocols can mess you up!

I did a 3 day fast then took bone broth very day plus this very basic protocol. I saw small improvements in my stamina and reduced PEM and the HSV2 hasn’t changed, but now in a crash I feel less fluey.

NAC/Monolaurin - biofilm buster and glutathione precursor
Oil of oregano - Anti viral
modified fruit pectin - binder(mops up the die off)