• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Talking wipes me out.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I don't get Science but that makes sense. Especially in light of having no other clues.

That still leaves us with what to about

@Effi do you ever feel like if you had oxygen you'd feel so much better? Some days I feel like i need a tank and mask to suck it in. But my O2 is fine.

Something just clicked in my brain that Cheney said about oxygen and rebreathing.

Effi

@minkeygirl My brain is way too fried to be able to read up on this, but it makes sense, right? So I hope someone on here with a better functioning brain could shed some light on this.
I think the talking might not be what wipes us out. But that the fact that talking is so exhausting is a sign that we're functioning past our anaerobic threshold, with all the consequences that holds.

I've never thought about the oxygen option, but now that you mention it... Although as you say you had your oxygen tested and it was fine, so I'd guess it probably wouldn't change a thing...

Effi

@minkeygirl I was just thinking about how athletes always go train on high altitude! Does anyone know what else athletes do in order to get a higher anaerobic threshold? (The article talks about Kenian athletes doing high altitude training - wasn't it the same athletes that a couple weeks ago were caught taking illegal substances and that's why they won so many medals? Can we find out which substances they were? lol)

Ok I found the answer, let's get our hands on some EPO. If we're not athletes, then it's not illegal, or is it? (only half joking :rolleyes:): http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11569479

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Effi Isn't that blood doping? But I've read that we do bad at high altitudes.

I'm gonna hunt some EPO down for us! At first I thought it was Evening Primrose Oil.

I know people who go to Everest have to climatize to the altitudes. What about hyperbaric chambers? If this is where this is leading too I may have read they weren't so great for us.

http://www.rice.edu/~jenky/sports/epo.html

Effi

@minkeygirl I'm just imagining taking EPO + oxygen and thanks to that being able to go to the grocery store, cook dinner and clean my house. Wouldn't that be fabulous? (Ok, on second thought I'd do much more fun stuff lol)

That EPO booster looks like a vitamin supplement. Real EPO sounds like it would have pretty major side effects for sensitive patients. Hmmm I feel like there's a catch to it...

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Effi I just read some reviews on the EPO boost on Amazon and some guy said he had a TIA which they believe was from this.

I've never had lofty expectations. I'd just like to feel better.

Have you ever seen Cell Food? I took it years ago, don't remember much. I wonder if things have a stronger effect if you seek crappier?

We need to keep looking into this.

http://www.amazon.com/CellFood-Liqu...UTF8&qid=1440099143&sr=1-2&keywords=cell+food

Effi

omg @minkeygirl I'm learning new things here. cell food. never heard of it! seems promising but could also be a fluke. I'm too tired to look into it, but I'll be thinking about it some more tomorrow. Like how else besides illegal substances do athletes get their AT up? (I'm afraid the answer is gonna end up being something along the lines of GET lol I could possibly do that on EPO though... lol)

Effi

Kati

Patient in training
@Effi I just read some reviews on the EPO boost on Amazon and some guy said he had a TIA which they believe was from this.

I've never had lofty expectations. I'd just like to feel better.

Have you ever seen Cell Food? I took it years ago, don't remember much. I wonder if things have a stronger effect if you seek crappier?

We need to keep looking into this.

http://www.amazon.com/CellFood-Liquid-Minerals-Enzymes-Electrolytes/dp/B000OTPYO4/ref=sr_1_2?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1440099143&sr=1-2&keywords=cell food
Ah, you're looking for the magic cure... i hope you're kidding... Right?

Unless you find that your hemoglobin is really low, EPO won't help you. Athlete increase their work capacity by doing anaerobic threashold training, which means lots of sub AT training, and anareobic training through sprints and climbing. Yes, altitude training will force their bodies in producing more red blood cells, but training is key.

Back to your case, Minkey, finding the exact cause of your problem will help you solve if much faster than herbals or EPO. And like I mentioned before, you have higher chances of doing so through working with a professional.

alkt

@Effi So glad I'm not alone. Someone here, I think @Kati mentioned a blog where someone whispered. I have done that but it still is a problem, not as great. I do think sucking on a lozenge while I talk helps.

Last night I had to make 2 phone calls. I know it is much easier for me to talk at night. This morning, I feel better than I have in a few days, although I do feel some tightness in my chest.

For me it makes zero difference who I talk to or why, although when I'm dealing with an idiot, I do use more energy. I have no friends so that's not an issue. How I feel when I start talking has an impact.

I don't think it has anything to do with talking wrong. It's something crazy we haven't figured out yet.

@maryb I rely on sites that have chat functions. If I could do business at night that would help me immensely. The world still lives around the almighty phone.
please read this again"although when im dealing with an idiot i do use more energy. i have no friends so thats not an issue" certainly made me smile.

alkt

@Effi Isn't that blood doping? But I've read that we do bad at high altitudes.

I'm gonna hunt some EPO down for us! At first I thought it was Evening Primrose Oil.

I know people who go to Everest have to climatize to the altitudes. What about hyperbaric chambers? If this is where this is leading too I may have read they weren't so great for us.

http://www.rice.edu/~jenky/sports/epo.html
i read about a person with m e/ c f s who paid for the hyperbaric chamber treatment he did not have any improvement .all though some doctors of the you pay me lots of money type have recommended it. if you think about it increasing the air pressure in your room would make it harder more fatiguing to breathe. and extra oxygen will often give people a short term lift.

Effi

i read about a person with m e/ c f s who paid for the hyperbaric chamber treatment he did not have any improvement
that's interesting to know... I was also thinking about this pure air treatment they used to prescribe in olden days, like spending time in a very pristine area in the mountains. But I guess if that worked, coming back home would just set you back to starting point again... And if it's true what Dr Cheney says, that we lack the particle that transports the oxygen into our blood, any oxygen treatment is probably gonna be useless anyway.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@Effi. For completely differnt reasons I looked up B2. For adrenal stuff.

Read this from dr Weil. I don't have all but enough.

What are the signs of a deficiency?
Riboflavin deficiency (called ariboflavinosis) can appear at intakes of less than 0.5-0.6 mg/day. Too little riboflavin can cause weakness, throat swelling/soreness, a swollen tongue, skin cracking (including cracked corners of the mouth), dermatitis, and anemia. Riboflavin deficiency can also affect vision, including blurred vision and itching, watering, sore, or bloodshot eyes, as well eyes becoming light-sensitive and easily fatigued.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART02761/vitamin-b2