• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

T1 to T2 shift

ixchelkali

I'm not sure which forum this fits in. Many ME/CFS researchers have noted a shift toward T2-cell in the immune response in ME/CFS patients. I don't remember (brain fog) reading any theories about what causes this shift. Has anyone come across any theories?

I'm also wondering how that would relate to the theory that ME/CFS is an autoimmune disease.

It's interesting that women tend to shift to T2 dominance in the 2 weeks preceeding their period. I wonder if that could have anything to do with more women than men having ME/CFS. Women get kind of a double T2 whammy.

taniaaust1

It's interesting that women tend to shift to T2 dominance in the 2 weeks preceeding their period. I wonder if that could have anything to do with more women than men having ME/CFS. Women get kind of a double T2 whammy.

Very interesting.

What Cheney says about Th1/Th2 http://www.anapsid.org/cnd/diagnosis/cheneyis.html (I noticed it has been updated this year, I dont know what thou was changed).

In my own case I have reasons to believe that I was probably Th2 dominant all (or most of my life) before I even got ME.