• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

symptoms - feel odd in arms/hands

renski

For the past week or so I've been noticing some weird symptoms which are difficult to explain - in my hands when I lift something in the kitchen I feel weak but have this weird feeling in my arms/hands, no pain just like something isn't right with my nerves, I also feel it in my mouth when I eat something, around the jaws, something just doesn't feel right at all. I'm also finding it difficult to talk and my cognitive function has declined a bit. It's like I'm having a stroke or something, but assume this could be just about anything causing it

Thanks

maybe some day

Yep, I can relate to the some of that. The cognitive is like something is misfiring. Words dont come out right, or the wrong word is used. Almost have to think twice as hard just for just simple tasks of thought

Diwi9

Administrator
I have neurological symptoms in my arms. They have gotten worse, so not just weakness, fasciculations, and paresthesia...but now spasms, which most notably appear when I get tired and when I start to fall asleep When I extend my arm to pick something up, it tremors, even if the object is light. I think others also experience this, do you?

Moof

As you say, @renski, it could be practically anything (including just an odd ME thing), but's always worth ruling out B12 malabsorption – specially for older folk or those with a history of gastritis/h. pylori. Malabsorption causes neurological problems and cognitive decline, along with other symptoms such as sores in the mouth and at the corners of the lips, shortness of breath, and sometimes a smooth tongue.

virtual

Traveller
I have neurological symptoms in my arms. They have gotten worse, so not just weakness, fasciculations, and paresthesia...but now spasms, which most notably appear when I get tired and when I start to fall asleep When I extend my arm to pick something up, it tremors, even if the object is light. I think others also experience this, do you?

I experience this. It is annoying. I feel weak, often I have the feeling of shakiness - but there isn't any shake observable in real life. But it occurs often that there is a small tremor. Also, I upset things because I fail to estimate their dimensions.

Back