• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Supplements causing high blood pressure

Hi,

Every time i take supplement like multi vitamin, calcium magnesium , D3 , olive leaf extract etc my blood pressure and heart beat is increased.

Blood pressure lowering medicines does not work for me . Except Domperidone (20mg) and Propranolol (40mg) combination.

What should I do to prevent this from happening? ALT is little bit elevated.

Thanks

linusbert

same, except heart beat.

i personally believe for us sick people getting anything in unphysiological dose is like a poisoning , the body needs time to figure things out.

increased heart beat could also be due to sensitivity or allergy to some parts in your stuff.
i recently got gastritis from a supplement containing palm(tree)(kernel)oil. i need to avoid this. some of *MCT supplements are made from palmtreeoil.

maybe it helps when you do not take things daily but only once a week or every few days.
i do 1-2x a week.

EDIT:
maybe it is also possible that vitamins and stuff cause upset in gut flora. microbes eating the supplements, producing things that is provoking the body.
in that case, you could try transdermal, subcutaneous or IV injections or maybe liposomal?

Last edited:

lenora

Hello @adnan012.....what is your average BP? Mine is constantly fluctuating in spite of medicines, watching my diet, the usual. This is not uncommon as we get older and it was only last year (I believe) that the average BP was lowered from 140 systolic to 120.

You may need more meds, a change of meds or perhaps people have had good fortune with vitamins, etc., I never did. Good luck. Yours, Lenora

Gijs

Hi,

Every time i take supplement like multi vitamin, calcium magnesium , D3 , olive leaf extract etc my blood pressure and heart beat is increased.

Blood pressure lowering medicines does not work for me . Except Domperidone (20mg) and Propranolol (40mg) combination.

What should I do to prevent this from happening? ALT is little bit elevated.

Thanks

Watch out with the long use of Domperidone. It can give you heartproblems. Ask your doctor. Why you use this? It is against nausea and vomiting.

Hello @adnan012.....what is your average BP? Mine is constantly fluctuating in spite of medicines, watching my diet, the usual. This is not uncommon as we get older and it was only last year (I believe) that the average BP was lowered from 140 systolic to 120.

You may need more meds, a change of meds or perhaps people have had good fortune with vitamins, etc., I never did. Good luck. Yours, Lenora

Thanks for reply.

In the morning blood pressure is like 130/85. In the evening its 140/95. Sometime without any BP medicines iits 120/80. I think there is some food intolerance. Bromelain+Quercetin supplements helps to lower the blood pressure. The following medicines and supplements helped me for high blood pressure.

Clonidine 0.1mg
Bromelain+Quercetin
Choline (in high dose)
TMG
Fasting

Regards