• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Summary: Drugs tested against XMRV to date (in vitro)

julius

Watchoo lookin' at?
That's a good point although since they are not antivirals they're not in the same category.

The title of the thread doesn't specify ARV's, so you should be able to get away with it. As long as the person who started the thread doesn't get mad at you.....I heard he's a real dick!:D

BTW, I've started saw palmetto. I seem to be (pseudo)herxing so could be promising. I'll give updates if anyones interested.

cfs since 1998

Well technically this is what it says
I did debate with myself where to put it, but decided the best thing to do was to go with the authors' interpretation rather than trying to interpret the numbers myself. With respect to methylene blue and a whole slew of other compounds, they said "ineffective or effective at toxic concentrations." Maybe that's what I'll change the name of the category to.

The title of the thread doesn't specify ARV's, so you should be able to get away with it.

I had ARVs in mind, but had forgotten about the androgen inhibitors at the time. Once I get the chance to read the paper and cite it properly I will add it.

julius said:
BTW, I've started saw palmetto. I seem to be (pseudo)herxing so could be promising. I'll give updates if anyones interested.

I am interested and am looking forward to reading about it. I recommend starting a new thread.

Rrrr

spironolactone is also an antiadrogen med. could that be added to the list, just as the ones mentioned in this article you linked to below?

So much good news coming out this month. I am floored. Nice catches parvo.

CFS since, maybe add casodex and flutamide (and maybe dutasteride) to your list. This is from Dong & Silverman's "Androgen stimulates Transcription and Replication of XMRV" http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19906923?dopt=Abstract

Basically, they inhibit replication by up to 3-fold by inhibiting the conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone.

And if you're interested in natural treatments, saw palmetto has the same mode of action as these drugs and is often prescribed for the same reasons. Here's a write up on the Mayo website http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/saw-palmetto/NS_patient-sawpalmetto/DSECTION=evidence

citybug

Could this be made a sticky so can be found again? Is there any list of all the studies under discussion and links, or could we start one with thread names, like for the media articles?