• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sulfates and Anxiety

Hello All,
I cannot take NAC, Epsom Salts, Taurine, Biotin or Thiamine as I react to anything that has Sulfur or Sulfate in it. Even topical magnesium Sulfate gave me anxious moments. Any idea why this would happen?
I do seem to have a few mutations in CBS, SULT etc..Any thoughts..

Thanks

pamojja

I react to anything that has Sulfur or Sulfate

Do you tolerate eggs, onion and garlic, also with sulfur in it?

https://acu-cell.com/ses.html
Sulfur Synergists: Sodium, molybdenum*, selenium, Vitamin B12.
Sulfur Antagonists / Inhibitors: Copper, potassium, calcium, Vitamin B15, [toxic metals - aluminum, mercury, cadmium...].

Maybe something needed in sulfur metabolism, like molybdenum, is deficient? Or by antagonism inhibiting something already depleted further, for example potassium?

Do you have any lab-results for those mentioned in the quote?

Do you tolerate eggs, onion and garlic, also with sulfur in it?

Yes I do tolerate a little bit. But too much garlic irritates my stomach and gives me cramps.

Maybe something needed in sulfur metabolism, like molybdenum, is deficient? Or by antagonism inhibiting something already depleted further, for example potassium?

I do know think I have low Molybdenum based on my hair mineral test analysis.

Do you have any lab-results for those mentioned in the quote?