• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Suddenly extremely tired

I suddenly experience very heavy head ( as my brain is fill up with cement) and unbearable sleepines, tiredness, i need to lie down and cant speak, talk, think, move.
Its not PENE and i wonder what triggers it. If its that i dont have more energy at a celular level or maybe the mast cells? Because sometimes happens when i am outside and its very cold, or when i eat carbs.

borko2100

I experience the same thing almost daily, maybe not as severe but very similar. It happens suddenly, or very quickly (over 10-15 mins.) and almost always in the afternoon (around 3-6h after waking up).

In my case, I experience facial pain, extreme tiredness, sleepiness, muscle weakness. Most of the time I either lay down or take a nap when it happens.

It is indeed very peculiar why this happens so suddenly. I have no idea how to explain it unfortunately.

Booble

It's a weird thing isn't it? You're feeling relatively OK and then BOOM. Why the f am I EXHAUSTED? Or nauseous? Or what the h--- else?

I have a strange theory about air pressure as sometimes when I go outside I suddenly feel light and comfy and like I can take on the world, dance up the street. Then other times I go outside and begin to feel heavy. Pressure. I look at my short destination and think how am I going to make it there and back?

nerd

I suddenly experience very heavy head ( as my brain is fill up with cement) and unbearable sleepines, tiredness, i need to lie down and cant speak, talk, think, move.

Do you also have tachycardia in such situations and feel like you've lost any ability to think motivationally? Like you perceive anything around you but you just can't think of what or how to do anything? This is how it feels for me, so I don't call it "sleepiness" because I'm not really tired. I can't really sleep either, but I have to lay down urgently out of a sudden.

Wishful

If its that i dont have more energy at a celular level or maybe the mast cells?

I think it's neurological. Likely at the cellular level, but maybe localized to a specific part of the brain. It's definitely (at least for me) not a limitation of energy in muscles, since I can have that 'just want to collapse onto a pillow' feeling, yet my body is capable of a multi-hr hike or bike ride.

It probably takes only a small change in the ratio of a few proteins in a few brain cells to make us feel so lacking in energy. Of course, that makes it much more difficult for researchers to find what's wrong. :meh: