• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Success story...

@Mary Sorry I forgot to @ you, I have answered your question in my previous posts if you still want to know

@Sushi I have not tried vaping it, as I do not care much for smoke, as my knowledge perceives it, there is higher bioavailability with cbd vape, but vaping leaves out crucial other cannabinoids & terpenes needed for entourage effect.

@HeleneG I too have not had success with kiva bars/edibles with my me/cfs symptoms. I think its because cbd has a low oral bioavailability, especially if not taken with a fat (cocnut oil, butter, fatty cheese, etc). I would try taking your kiva with a fat, and if that doesn't work, try a cbd oil.

@Dan_USAAZ That is the correct product . As my knowledge perceives it, cbd can lose potentcy when exposed to temperatures over 160 degrees, because this is due to evaporation. I think because the container is closed, it will not effect the cbd. However to be sure, I suggest contacting green mountain and asking them for yourself because im not affiliated with them.

@hmnr asg Glad to know you felt much better! Cbd is cbd no matter what part of the plant it comes from. its all the same chemical. yes you do needa small amount of thc in your cbd, the lab for GM is https://www.greenmountaincbd.com/lab-analysis and the lab for cbd distillery is https://www.thecbdistillery.com/product/500mg-15ml-cbd-tincture-fullspectrum/ links will provide you with the information on EXACTLY each amount of thc and cbd in the product, along with other cannabinoids that help fuel the cbd to do its job (all non psychoactive compounds expect thc) plus you can contact both companies with any questions you have

@Pink I think green roads is a sham in my opinion. try a different company. they might "claim" to be pure but isn't that what everyone says who tries to sell their product?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
vaping leaves out crucial other cannabinoids & terpenes needed for entourage effect.
That is interesting. I've been vaping mainly because it is less expensive. I'll look at the selection carefully next time I go to the state dispensary.

AlwaysTired

Always nice to hear stories of people getting better. I have been using CBD for my anxiety for a while, but it hasn't really done anything (for either that or cfs). It's a pretty good brand too (green roads world), so that's not the issue. Too bad cause I'd much prefer it to psychotropic meds (which I am also taking) but glad it's worked for you.

AlwaysTired

@Pink I think green roads is a sham in my opinion. try a different company. they might "claim" to be pure but isn't that what everyone says who tries to sell their product?

FWIW I asked the owner of a CBD dispensary here what he thought of GRW as I have been using that brand with little luck, and he said it's an excellent brand, that he used to carry it (stopped cause they got expensive). This guy is really picky about which cbd brands he will carry too. I was surprised at his reply since it's not working for me. All the more so cause he could have just said it was a shit brand to sell me one he carries

AlwaysTired

Hi @Pinetree53,
I may give this a try. It appears to reduce inflammation, which I feel is causing me a lot of issues.
Is this the correct product?
View attachment 27433

Would you happen to know if this product is damaged by heat? Shipping to AZ in the summer is an issue. It is not uncommon for temperatures in the back of delivery vehicles to reach 160 degrees for short periods of time and 110+ for extended periods of time. This creates many problems for shipping supplements, prescription meds, food products and even some soft plastics. I have had some deliveries arrive with the actual product in excess of 120 degrees. Also had a prescription med that was packed with ice pack arrive with the medication at 112 degrees.

Thanks for your input.
Dan
Hey Dan,

I live in Phoenix too. There are a few CBD only dispensaries here, which you don't need a medical card to purchase from. I was actually at one last week (Tempe CBD on Mill Ave) though I don't remember what brand salve they had but they or another one may carry green mountain. The guy who runs the one I went to is also the only person who works there, he's pretty picky about what he carries and really knowledgeable.

If you do a Google search on "CBD oil near me" the others will come up (don't use CBD dispensary as your search term, or only AZ CBD in Paradise valley will, and the rest will be regular dispensaries).

Last edited:
@AlwaysTired thank you for your input. I have tried green roads and it didn't work for me either...and hasn't worked for a couple people I know. That's why I think it a sham. I base my opinions on what works vs what doesn't work and that brand has failed many people, so that's why I have my particular opinion about it. However, whatever brand of cbd oil you currently use, if you use it sublingual, try holding it under your tongue for longer. Around 10 minutes if can.

AlwaysTired

@AlwaysTired thank you for your input. I have tried green roads and it didn't work for me either...and hasn't worked for a couple people I know. That's why I think it a sham. I base my opinions on what works vs what doesn't work and that brand has failed many people, so that's why I have my particular opinion about it. However, whatever brand of cbd oil you currently use, if you use it sublingual, try holding it under your tongue for longer. Around 10 minutes if can.

Oh wow, well that changes things. I'll try green mountain next then since its working for you (and presumably others who GRW has failed). GRW did work for me for a little while, so it may be a dose issue but I think i'm ready to try a different brand.

How do you manage to keep it under your tongue for 10 minutes??! After just one minute I have too much saliva built up in my mouth to keep going!:jaw-drop:

Last edited:
@AlwaysTired I have found that for me, the saliva build up stops around a certain point. It puddles in my mouth but it's not an overflow to where it spills out of my mouth. Sorry if that's tmi lol. I keep my tongue hitting the roof of my mouth and let it gather under my tongue and breathe through my nose. Alternatively, some tips I have heard of is using mouthwash beforehand (because it dries up your mouth a bit), and if you can't hold it under your tongue, keep your mouth closed and don't swallow. If that's hard too, swish the cbd oil in your mouth like you do with mouthwash, there are blood vessels in your cheeks and gums that can absorb the cbd as well. If you don't like green mountain, cbd distillery is another good reputable company I enjoy as well.

Seven7

Seven
The reason I always stay away is becuase I am not clear on the immune system stuff. For plp sick longer than 5y I would think it would crash you eventually worst.
As I understand it, it lowers il2 ( which I already have extremely low and most CFSers) but ussually we struggle with b. The studies I see are not clear if it is ilb2a or 2b that lowers. So I assume is both,?
T cells is supposed to lower correct? I already have very low.
Nk are supposed to be lower but I am not sure if it is This compound also?

So CBd in general is consider a inmune suppressant? So long term if it is suppressing the already low stuff will not be good long term?!!

hmnr asg

@Pinetree53
Also last night i tried and tripled by CBD dose and kept them much longer in my mouth , and this morning I woke up feeling MUCH better. Not sure if this result is reproducible but I will keep everyone posted.

H

Dang it, i was not able to reproduce this result again, it was just that one night and i guess it could have been anything else. In fact i got much worse over the weekend. My tincture has some THC and I have always gotten worse with THC (after smoking mj for example). So maybe the high amounts of THC are making me worse.
Anyways, no more playing around for CBD for a while for me.

H

Hip

My optimal time is 10 minutes sublingual .

You might like to try putting the CBD not under the tongue (where it can be easily washed away by saliva), but on the upper oral mucous membranes areas of your mouth: the upper gums, the inside of your cheeks, and the roof of your mouth. These upper areas are also mucous membranes like the sublingual area, but there's much less saliva compared to the sublingual zone.

Whenever I use a sublingual product, I actually apply it with my finger to these upper mucous membranes areas.

How long did it take for the improvements in your ME/CFS symptoms to manifest using CBD, can I ask? Did the symptoms improve immediately, or did it take some weeks or months of continual CBD usage?

You may like to the read the Cannabis section in this post about supplements and drugs that reduce PEM. Cannabis is reported to be a potent PEM reducer, and its mechanism of action may relate to the fact that mitochondria possess receptors which respond to THC and CBD.

CBD is also a 5-HT1A serotonin receptor agonist, which can have antidepressant effects. More info in this post.

When I took 8 drops of a CBD oil before bedtime (containing a total of around 2 mg of CBD), I woke up the following morning feeling very vague and unable to focus properly for several hours. I also looked very pale in the face.

With lower doses of 2 drops I am OK, and sleep more deeply, but tend to have intense and slightly disturbing dreams. But I did not notice any overall benefits for ME/CFS.

Last edited:
@Hip it took about a week of continuous cbd use to feel a difference. 20mg in the morning and 20 at night . Never missed a dose. As far as the not feeling focused feeling, does yours have thc in it? Also it could be that your body is just getting used to the cbd, is try for a few days to see if that effect goes away.

Hip

20mg in the morning and 20 at night

That's quite a bit higher than the 2 mg dose I used (and I thought I was using a high dose!). But if 2 mg already made be feel very vague and unable to focus, I'd hate to imagine what 2 x 20 mg would do! There was no THC in my oil, just CBD.

According to this article: there is a lot of variation from person to person:
Everybody’s endocannabinoid system is different, so dosage can vary. That is to say, that some will find relief with 3mg twice a day, while others are closer to 200mg four times a day or higher!

And this article gives various doses for different conditions:
chronic pain: 2.5-20 mg
epilepsy: 200-300 mg
sleep disorders: 40-160 mg
schizophrenia: 40-1,280 mg
glaucoma: 20-40 mg

@Hip since cbd is non psychoactive I just don't understand how it would cause an inability to focus. Could be interactions with some other stuff your taking . Or it could be like some medications, where side effects begin at the start and diminish as time goes on. Best of luck to you though

Hip

@Hip since cbd is non psychoactive

That depends what you mean by psychoactive. If you are referring to whether it gets you high, then no, CBD does not do that. But CBD does act in the brain and does effect the mind. Indeed, it is being researched for its antidepressant, anti-anxiety and antipsychotic properties, so that shows it affects the mind.

Last edited:
Hi there
Can you repost the amount of oil you use AM and PM and can you translate it to approximate teaspoons?? I did not get a dropper with my order from Green Mountain.
Thanks,
Sita

Second I use a specific brand. It's made in Vermont. It's called greenmountaincbd and it's their salve. It's $30 a jar. They give you a little scooper.

Hi Pinetree
I fasted today due to having a NutraEval and haven’t slept for days. I was pretty brain dead when I posted before and I finally figured out the problem. I ordered the Salve you suggested and got it, but although it is in the salve container, it is liquid. I don’t know if it melted down or an error was made. I have emailed the company. They did not send a scoop or a dropper.
Thanks, Sita