• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

[Substack] Ruth Ann Crystal MD from Dr. Ruth’s Newsletter April 2024

godlovesatrier

Really good summary of current covid treatments circulating I guess mainly in america.

https://drruth.substack.com/p/covid-news-and-more-4724?utm_source=profile&utm_medium=reader2

specifically important or useful paragraphs:

Long COVID
Nature magazine featured people with Long COVID who are helping to design research studies to cure themselves. Pharmacist Martha Eckey has Long COVID. She designed a survey for people with Long COVID and those with ME/CFS about 150 medications and supplements to see which helped. More than 4,000 people with Long COVID and/or ME/CFS responded to the survey. Supplements that gave some symptomatic relief included nattokinase, serrapeptase or lumbrokinase. Beta blockers and the heart-failure medication Corlanor (ivabradine) were particularly effective for Long COVID patients, as was low dose naltrexone. The Open Medicine Foundation now plans to do a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial of low-dose naltrexone (LDN) and pyridostigmine. Others are planning to test immunomodulatory drug baricitinib.
I also found out that a double blinded study showed no improvement with lactoferrin. I've been on it for 2 months and it costs a fortune, it seemed to help me a lot to begin with. But I would say that it is possibly very good for your microbiome, bifidogenesis and possibly increaseing firmicutes, but it costs a fortune.

Nattokinase and if you are not allergic I'd recommend lumbroniskase instead is well worth taking, the latter is far more potent which doesn't get discussed much. Lumbro is much better than natto and should really be the first attempt.

LDN was a no go for me, made things worse, but my heart rate is still through the roof so hoping ivabradine will help sort that out.

SWAlexander

I'd suggest I have POTS

Several of my friends and I believed we had POTS. However, the side effects indicated another symptom: tachycardia. Either a lack of or an excess of "adenosine" led to high blood pressure, which decreased after rest.
If you would like to read about adenosine I can post a link to a summary I have written.