• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Submissions to the CDC's Cbt and Get findings

Davsey27

The Link below is where you could submit your own public comment to the CDC regarding their recent dreadful report, "The Systematic Review Report for Diagnosis and Treatment of Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)".

You may tell them your own personal story about graded exercise therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy for ME were not helpful to you if this was the case

Or about how adaptive pacing or other interventions has been helpful. The CDC is only allowing comments for another 4 days.Deadline is Monday 8/11

https://www.regulations.gov/document/CDC-2021-0053-0002/comment

Thank You

hapl808

Thanks, I submitted a comment on why they're all engaged in their usual arrogant circle jerk, more concerned with their own egos than with actually admitting they don't understand what's going on and dedicating some resources to actually helping us.

But at least they'll tackle this new thing called 'brain fog' that these poor, poor Covid people are suffering from that no one else has every reported experiencing.

I've tried being pleasant or even obsequious to my practitioners over the years and decades and didn't find much benefit to that. so I went with vinegar over honey on this one. But to each their own.

(I'm glad I got something submitted as sometimes these things die with a whimper. Because on a bad day I wouldn't have had the ability to write anything at all. This is one of my 'good' days where my muscle pain was only really uncomfortable for a few hours and my headache has been mild and my brain fog is only a 5 instead of an 8 and I was able to stand up a couple times for 10-15 seconds without assistance. Good times.)

Pyrrhus

Here is some relevant information from ME International:

ME International said:
Comments can be submitted either by:
  • MAIL to:
    Anindita Issa, MD
    Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
    1600 Clifton Road NE, Mailstop H24-12
    Atlanta, Georgia 30329

(possibly the easiest option), or
  • Through the Federal eRulemaking Portal at http://www.regulations.gov. The comment form has two requirements before users can submit a comment: (1) Users must enter content in the comment field, and (2) Users must choose an identity.
    • Users choose an identity from three options:
      1) As an Individual: First and Last Name are required.
      2) On behalf of an Organization: Organization Type and Organization Name are required.
      3) As Anonymous: No additional information is required.
      NOTE: The “Submit” button will not activate until the submitter has chosen an identity.
BE SURE to include the Docket No. CDC-2021-0053 when submitting any comments.

Davsey27

Thanks for sharing this Pyrrhuss.Good to see organizations like Me International involved.I was curious i know the online submission deadline is Monday,is this the same with the mail-in option?
Thanks

Last edited: