• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

[Study] Acquired Mitochondrial Abnormalities Including Epigenetic Inhibition of Superoxide Dismutase

knackers323

Sounds great. The price is, too. However one must have an "approved account" to buy, with these qualifications:

Not sure a regular customer can qualify...can they?

Yes if you can sufficiently explain in 90 words or more what you plan to do with it.
Haha I couldn't and was denied. If anyone can come up with something that doesn't involve being used for human consumption it would be very helpful

robinhood12345

I am taking source natural glisodin now. I took source naturals normal sod 2000 before but the glisodin feels stronger when I take it sublingually even though it is only 1/8th the strength. I also have some SOD powder 50,000 IU per gram I got from China which I took in enterically coated capsules this morning. High food sources of SOD are rock melon, beef liver, and oysters. It used to be an injectable drug called orgotein. ALS cases can be caused by mutations in SOD1. Looks like there is no recorded pathogenic mutations in sod2 or sod3.

Mary

Moderator Resource
@robinhood12345 - I tried a sod supplement before and didn't notice any benefit so stopped it. I can't remember the brand, but I do know I did NOT take it sublingually. That's very interesting how you're taking it. Can you tell me the benefits or effects you have noticed with taking the source naturals glisodin sublingually?

robinhood12345

I have only been taking it 1 day. As soon as I crush it between my teeth, and swish the crushed powder around my mouth I feel a little better, and more relaxed. Same thing happened with the non glisodin SOD but glisodin is way better. I am waiting on WGS results, and would not be surprised if I have sod2 or sod3 deficiency.

Here is a pharmacokinetic study on SOD administration in rats

https://sci-hub.tw/https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-081X(199603)17:2<165::AID-BDD945>3.0.CO;2-N

As can be seen low dose oral is not very bio available but subcutaneous or liposomal is. Subcutaneous injections can be made up at home with SOD powder, and home made liposomal could be made too which I am doing right now. It would be good to see glisodin compared to normal oral SOD, and also compared to SOD in enterically coated capsules.

Tissue distribution of SOD in the body:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC425307/pdf/jcinvest00136-0278.pdf

Presumably it is the same for cows /lambs which is why liver from them is a good source of SOD. Different organs have different levels of the 3 SODs so depending which form of SOD one is after they can eat the organ highest in that form.