• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Structural Skeletal Asymmetries Neural Tube

Methyl90

I have noticed that my body regardless of the fact that I do not have the ability to build muscle mass has a more developed left side as if the midline that divides my body in two is shifted to the left side causing me a less developed right side. I wanted to understand can this be related to chronic B12 / folate / copper deficiency and neural tube defects? thank you all !

@Freddd

Shanti1

Administrator
Are you left-handed?
I have a more developed right side, for example my hand, thumb and foot are larger on the right, and muscles are stronger on that side, but not visibly so. I always assumed it had to do with being right-handed. Also, now that I am over 40, noticing that the right side of my face has fewer wrinkles like there is more collagen/sub Q fat/muscle in the face on that side.

Methyl90

Are you left-handed?
I have a more developed right side, for example my hand, thumb and foot are larger on the right, and muscles are stronger on that side, but not visibly so. I always assumed it had to do with being right-handed. Also, now that I am over 40, noticing that the right side of my face has fewer wrinkles like there is more collagen/sub Q fat/muscle in the face on that side.

I'm not left handed ... I'm sure I read in this forum that severe copper and / or B12 deficiency resulted in a less developed right side of the body than the left. The difference starts from the face up to the left big toe which is almost a cm longer than the right one ... as if the midline were slightly more to the left favoring a greater homogeneous development more in that side. find something let me know ... it's very important to me ... thanks

Crux

Methyl90

Is there any suggestion for this pathology in particular for the hypomethylating state? adverse reaction to all methyl donors :(

fishboy9320

I think this is normal it depends on if you are right handed or left handed just like how both side of faces are different the whole body is not 100% similar on both sides etc. I'm right handed but my left side feels more developed. It should only be slightly maybe so little that it isn't noticeable if it is really noticeable then I think it is an issue with low hormones and neurotransmitters etc causing the spine to be too weak to fully support both sides. So it chooses one side and the one you use the least which in my case is my left side so it gets more support from the spine then the right side. I think the side you use is a genetic-brain thing and not mentally meaning I didn't choose to be right handed. I imagine if you are both handed it would support both equally and it'd be better. Some say it could be because you use that side less or more. It supports the weaker side more because if you stop using it then it would stop working and you don't want that your heart is on the left side etc. can take long to correct if possible.

Last edited:

fishboy9320

whole body on one side is tilted very slight lower than the other side but it shouldn't be noticeable at all unless a doctor uses something. like eye, teeth etc sits lower on one side. when the gap is too much there an issue

Methyl90

whole body on one side is tilted very slight lower than the other side but it shouldn't be noticeable at all unless a doctor uses something. like eye, teeth etc sits lower on one side. when the gap is too much there an issue

It's not about being lower and / or taller but a difference in structural development so tendons, ligaments, muscles and bones ... update the thread if anyone has any copper deficiency references that could be related?