• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

stretch

sunshine44

Que sera sera
I am feeling the need to stretch my body in bed a lot lately, like when you first wake up....this might be a good sign?

After August crash I could not stretch bc I would instantly go into POTS episode and was just too weak to stretch or gallbladder would begin spasming...

anybody know anything and want to weigh in?

Looking for good things in my life in bed right ow.

sunshine44

Que sera sera
This morning my 4 year old daughter was playing dollies next to me in bed and said "one day mama, you are going to walk just like this" and she got up in her Elsa dress and began walking to show me, she said its coming for me one day....one sweet day :)

I have to say as hopeless as this all feels sometimes, there is evidence to support that so much of this is possibly reversible.

This is good.

Thanks for the smile, maybe so :)

Shoshana

Northern USA
I think it is encouraging, @sunshine44 :thumbsup:

I would be careful not to do too many repetitions of any stretch, and not to try to overstretch each one, too far.
And not too many times in one day, thinking it will help more.

Too much, too fast, might actually be less sustainable, and of less real help, than very small things that you could possibly become able to repeat more consistently, before considering adding on at all. That is the way I found best for me. And the best to not have too big a setback.

Yet, I would continue to do them, allowing hours in between, and stretch and just hold the position a bit.
And do very small movements.

Even though we mentally could think its too little to make a difference, I totally believe and have seen from my experiences, that the body and brain DO notice, very small changes. They are HUGE compared to NO change at all. They do make a difference.

I think it is very encouraging, Sunshine,
as is your daughter's adorable demonstration for you. ! :)
And, Who knows, she might be getting a message from someplace. :angel:
I myself, cannot rule it out. :star::heart::trophy:

MTpockets

Exactly, take it easy. Also to give you encouragement, after a year spent in a dark quiet room I slowly inched my way up to sitting up and conversing for the better part of each day. These last few years I have even gotten to the point of taking myself to the toilet, walking about the house with my walker and sitting outside in the blessed sunshine. I don't know what made the difference, I don't know when I turned the corner so to say. I know if I push it I will be back in bed flat on my back for the next 3 months. But hang in there, don't give up. This is a marathon, not a sprint. It has taken me YEARS of lying there not overdoing it, to get to the point of sitting here not overdoing it. But it did happen.

i-lava-u

one day mama, you are going to walk just like this
That is so sweet! Brought tears to my eyes.

After I stretch I feel kinda good too for a few moments
That is awesome...I agree with @Shoshana and @MTpockets to carefully pace yourself. The fact you can stretch now without causing POTS symptoms, that sounds like a good sign in the right direction. So happy for you :)

These "little" improvements are actually massive when so limited. Thank you for sharing. :D

Float

Your body wants to breathe, find space , elongate, grow. Definitely a great thing . Also you are hearing your body. All you got to do is kept intuitively listening ☺☺ including when it says enough, and when you are moved to speak or act in ways that you couldn't have predicted. Good luck ☺

sunshine44

Que sera sera
Your body wants to breathe, find space , elongate, grow. Definitely a great thing . Also you are hearing your body. All you got to do is kept intuitively listening ☺☺ including when it says enough, and when you are moved to speak or act in ways that you couldn't have predicted. Good luck ☺
love this float!

Howard

suffering ceases when craving is removed
@Howard can you do baby food? You can do lemon juice....this could really help you to get some more nutrients?
That's a good idea. Right now I'm able to handle Beech-Nut spinach, zucchini, and peas combo.

But maybe they have some varieties with protein, some simple stuff without additives. I don't really know. I'll have to check out their website, assuming they list their products and ingredients. :)

sunshine44

Que sera sera
They do! I am quite familiar because I just had a baby a few years ago. I used to make alot of my own babyfood but used these at times as well for my daughter. They had soooo many more combos than when my son was little and most just use lemon juice to preserve. A lot of them come in pouches now in all kind of combos. Soooo many brands too.

Check out all of them here, just type in baby food: https://www.vitacost.com/ or here https://www.target.com/

Howard

suffering ceases when craving is removed
not in awhile bc I am so sensitive to lemon juice in them and preservatives...its ridiculous.

Based on a limited amount of research, it seems as though Beechnut baby foods do not have any lemon juice, additives, or preservatives listed in their ingredients.

I wasn't sure if you were aware of this... but please keep in mind, I only read through seven or eight labels. :)

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Here are some pouch baby foods I found on amazon Prime Now that didn't have lemon in them at the time. Of course formulas change so check before ordering.

Attachments

• prime now order items.pdf
    655.6 KB · Views: 14