• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Stress echocardiogram yesterday - clinic employee out of line?

dannybex

Thanks so much for your detailed, informative reply and also the link @valentinelynx -- I really, really appreciate it.

So good to know that the effects don't last long. My BP has actually been high for about 5-6 years, so hopefully if it drops my pressure, at least that won't be an issue. I'm pretty sure I have some atherosclerosis -- definitely have venous insufficiency and tinnitus that's gotten worse, so I'll make sure to ask how to address those, without drugs of course. Certainly don't want to go near any statins...

Thanks again!

dannybex

p.s. Bummer that it looks like some of the tests require quite a bit of time and prep. I haven't been in the hospital in 13 years, until this last month, first with a retinal tear, and then this chest weirdness. Ugh. :)

valentinelynx

I'm pretty sure I have some atherosclerosis
I should clarify. Lots of people have some atherosclerosis. But it has to be bad, seriously occluding a coronary artery, before you see cardiac ischemia, either on a stress test, or in daily activities. At that stage you would need a procedure to open the coronary, if possible: usually a stent done during a cardiac catheterization. Really severe disease gets you a bypass operation. From what you've said, I doubt you need either of those, but it's worth checking out. Best of luck!