• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

stomach parasites

insearchof

Would also love to hear an update from Judderwoky

I can attest for what Victoria recommended though - the bowel prep OTC drink they provide before a colonoscopy. I enjoyed several months of good bowel health after that and I believe it killed off something nasty. Have all the symptoms back and was thinking of taking this again.

This thread has inspired me to do so. And I will add a few things thereafter into the mix.

ISO

orion

Would also love to hear an update from Judderwoky

I can attest for what Victoria recommended though - the bowel prep OTC drink they provide before a colonoscopy. I enjoyed several months of good bowel health after that and I believe it killed off something nasty. Have all the symptoms back and was thinking of taking this again.

This thread has inspired me to do so. And I will add a few things thereafter into the mix.

ISO

Hi insearchof,

Can you tell me the name of the OTC drink to which you're referring?

Thanks

insearchof

Hi Orion

I cannot recall the brand name, but it is the OTC drink prescribed to be taken 24 hours before a colonoscopy. I am sure if you asked for such at a pharmacy they would know what you meant....but if you wait for a few days I will post the brand name of the one I buy.

You mix it up into about 2lts of water and you have to drink about a quarter of that -every 15 minutes. I also made sure I was well hydrated a couple of days leading up to this as well and drank a little after downing the 2 lts.

After consuming the 2 lts - I immediately jumped into and sat in a hot bath - which helped lessen the onset of the bowel spasms that start before the main event. I found this made things a little easier. You will find though that you wont be able to go far from the bathroom for some hours after downing the drink as it gives you chronic ''dire -rear'' as they say.

After things settle, I kept up the fluids and replaced my electrolites (or you could probably down a sports drink).

ISO

undcvr

It sounds like DE is working like very efficient scratchy fiber. Well not quite fiber but you know what i mean. Scrap, scrap, scraping at the intestinal walls, making sure they are all clean and sending everything out. Nice. Does anyone know how often you can take Vermox after you complete one cycle ?

orion

Hi Orion
...but if you wait for a few days I will post the brand name of the one I buy.
ISO

Thanks

From what I've been reading there appears to be two types of diatomaceous earth - one of marine origin and one of freshwater origin. Can anyone here tell me which type is best for human consumption?

Christopher

very old thread but have started taking DE and it does work at least for me. could be just as a binding agent, but I am sensing it is directly mechanically attacking what's in my gut.

Last edited:
Hi@Christopher, was wondering if this could work for a weak stomach with low acid? Just interested in any feedback from those who may have tried it.

I know I have SIBO, Fodmaps kill me with nausea, bloating, gas. I use Triphala at night and it makes me extremely nauseous. It's supposed to have a similar sweeping motion.

DE looks like an interesting approach.