• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

stomach parasites

Carrigon

I remember my grandparents having castor oil in the house. But somehow, over the years, no one seems to use it anymore.

I've been making a strong tea of two ginger capsules and one teaspoon of cloves to two cups of hot water for the past few days. It helped me tremendously. The bloating and pressure are gone, my stomach felt totally normal tonight. It has really helped me. I also added a bilberry capsule.

valia

Thank you Judderwocky for starting this thread, I had not heard of Diatomaceous Earth, I ordered some and it arrived yesterday.

I have Lyme and have thought for a long time that I should be doing some kind of parasite and toxin cleanse, I have asked my GP to prescribe something, but he thinks my notion of parasitic infection is ridiculous.

He doesnt know it yet but I have my glass jar ready and if I find any worms I am going to present him with them :D

richvank

Worm collection

Thank you Judderwocky for starting this thread, I had not heard of Diatomaceous Earth, I ordered some and it arrived yesterday.

I have Lyme and have thought for a long time that I should be doing some kind of parasite and toxin cleanse, I have asked my GP to prescribe something, but he thinks my notion of parasitic infection is ridiculous.

He doesnt know it yet but I have my glass jar ready and if I find any worms I am going to present him with them :D

Hi, valia.

If any of those buggers show up, it seems as though it could be a "teachable moment" for your GP!
:D:D

Rich

BEG

I'm so grossed out right now I could vxxxx. Thanks Carrigon for your ginger and cloves tea recipe. I'm a ginger tea drinker, too. I find it at the grocery store in the medicinal tea section.

My granddaughter had pinworms (Oh Yuk.) She wasn't washing her hands before eating. The doctor gave her a pill to take, and they were gone.

lucy

6 weeks ago I started anti-inflammatory diet and also banned myself from anything made from flour. I decided to do that after reading coolinginflammation.blogspot.com . The results were nice - after several weeks I had my first day without fever, and average fever dropped too. I also started noticing some strange white things, which gave me the idea of parasites for the first time. Then after reading this thread I also tried to add cloves to my teas. Two days later I too had a 5 cm piece of some I suppose flat worm, totally dead. So my diet made the worms week maybe, and cloves made them wishing to go away from me. Now I am deworming with everything what these friends don't like - pineapple, pumpkin seeds, black wallnut, cranberries, ginger. The parts continue to come out. Several days ago, when I talked to my doctor, I told I am afraid I might have worms, she said it is impossible, it would be seen in blood tests. So it goes.

judderwocky

omg....

So... I was feeling sick this morning... I took a lot of wormwood yesterday ( i finished a second round of vermox two days ago) ... and woke up feeling sick to my stomach..... i thought maybe i had taken too much and was having a toxic reaction, but felt otherwise fine.... i suddenly had the urge to go to the bathroom, and i simultaneously began to feel nauseated....

after I threw up .... this is what came out.... better out than in i suppose.

(normally they come out white, but i threw up my multi vitamin along with it, and i think it stained it... this is the first time i had one come up through my stomach though)

Attachments

• 0828100751a..jpg
    0828100751a..jpg
    63 KB · Views: 51
  • 0828100749a..jpg
    0828100749a..jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 49
  • 0828100751b..jpg
    0828100751b..jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 49

Victoria

Just suddenly occurred to me...............

Have any of you been eating bananas?

The fibres in bananas can appear as worms (when babies are given their first solid food as bananas - their stools show up this way). Most young inexperienced Mothers go to their doctors thinking their babies have worms.

People don't realise than bananas are an excellent source of soluable fibre. The fibres do look remarkably like worms. You may have noticed these in Banana Cakes.

I'm not doubting that members have worms - after all I had the Blastocysitis Hominis parasite for 2-3 years before it was finally eraditicated in the "clean-out" before a colonsocopy in 2004. Several lots of drugs (including 2 drugs taken together) did absolutely nothing.

Parasites & worms are more common than people realise. I was horrified, but reassured by the fact that they are common especially where people live in close contact eg, army barracks, school boarding houses, hostels & the like.

So the treatment I suggest to anyone is .............get the stuff from the chemist that is sold for use in cleaning out bowels, intestines etc (used for cleaning out the whole body in preparation for colonoscopies & gastroscopies.).

camas

Was wondering how your deworming was going, judderwoky. What an ordeal.:eek:

I got my DE and started very slowly with 1/4 of a teaspoon. Good thing because I immediately flushed all over and felt quite hot. It tried again the next day with the same reaction. I'm wondering if one has an allergy to shellfish if they should avoid DE?

judderwocky

Was wondering how your deworming was going, judderwoky. What an ordeal.:eek:

I got my DE and started very slowly with 1/4 of a teaspoon. Good thing because I immediately flushed all over and felt quite hot. It tried again the next day with the same reaction. I'm wondering if one has an allergy to shellfish if they should avoid DE?

i dont know if your having an allergic reaction... i believe that the DE is actually fossilized and chemically different than the shells of regular diatoms... I feel like i did have the feever / flushing issues at first... especially when i would i sleep... it was like the second i went to sleep my immune system went into overdrive...

if you think you're having an allergy i would stop... maybe apply some on your skin and see if it causes your skin or maybe your lips to swell or react in any way...
it might be difficult to tell without a doctor, but i know i did have really bad die off reactions from it

camas

Thanks, judderwocky. Interesting that you had a similar reaction. I think I'll try the skin test and see what happens. If all else fails, I can always use it to keep the garden slugs at bay.

judderwocky

Just suddenly occurred to me...............

Have any of you been eating bananas?

The fibres in bananas can appear as worms (when babies are given their first solid food as bananas - their stools show up this way). Most young inexperienced Mothers go to their doctors thinking their babies have worms.

People don't realise than bananas are an excellent source of soluable fibre. The fibres do look remarkably like worms. You may have noticed these in Banana Cakes.

I'm not doubting that members have worms - after all I had the Blastocysitis Hominis parasite for 2-3 years before it was finally eraditicated in the "clean-out" before a colonsocopy in 2004. Several lots of drugs (including 2 drugs taken together) did absolutely nothing.

Parasites & worms are more common than people realise. I was horrified, but reassured by the fact that they are common especially where people live in close contact eg, army barracks, school boarding houses, hostels & the like.

So the treatment I suggest to anyone is .............get the stuff from the chemist that is sold for use in cleaning out bowels, intestines etc (used for cleaning out the whole body in preparation for colonoscopies & gastroscopies.).

alas... i have not had bananas in some time .... but i do have banana trees .... so i just have to wait :)

leela

Oh Dear. They came UP as well!! You are a real trouper, Judderwocky! It reminds me when I was much younger I read about a remedy for tapeworms once they've gotten really big...it marked my young brain indelibly...the person fasts for a certain period and then sits in a bath of warm milk--until the worm emerges from either the upper or lower orifice
seeking out the milk, whereupon it is grabbed and wrested from its host!!! Ack!! So, erm, yes, diatomaceous earth seems like an infinitely more practical approach!

I had a question: does anyone know if there is a difference between the food-grade DE and Microsilica? I have a gigantic jar of Microsilica powder and wonder if that has the
same scratchy effect? I know it can bind and draw (as it is a clay) but I wonder if it has the same dramatic effect you are getting with the DE or if they are different silica varieties?

keenly

Oh Dear. They came UP as well!! You are a real trouper, Judderwocky! It reminds me when I was much younger I read about a remedy for tapeworms once they've gotten really big...it marked my young brain indelibly...the person fasts for a certain period and then sits in a bath of warm milk--until the worm emerges from either the upper or lower orifice
seeking out the milk, whereupon it is grabbed and wrested from its host!!! Ack!! So, erm, yes, diatomaceous earth seems like an infinitely more practical approach!

I had a question: does anyone know if there is a difference between the food-grade DE and Microsilica? I have a gigantic jar of Microsilica powder and wonder if that has the
same scratchy effect? I know it can bind and draw (as it is a clay) but I wonder if it has the same dramatic effect you are getting with the DE or if they are different silica varieties?

If you are in UK i have a 2kg tub of the best DE available 4 sale
email me

microsilica is FAR more expensive

Victoria

Keenly,
you just reminded me of a different version of that story which I heard many, many years ago. It was to fast for many days & then hold a plate of steak & onions in front of your mouth.
"Uhggg"
Either version turns my stomach. Wonder if anyone has tried it.

Lala

Oh my god, how disgusting! I just found this thread.
How are you Judderwocky after one month? Can you explain what all improved with this treatment?
I am going to order some DE.
I have had horrible bowel problems for decades. Once I was in hospital, they prepared me for operation of tummy and gave me something to clean my gut and bowel. After that I saw something white in the toilet, which was approximately 20 cm long. I was horrified and called doctor to see it. He said it was not parasite but only bowel scum. I do not believe it at all, now. Of course my tests for parasites were negative in that time. That is horrible.

I heard a story from traveller from Amazonia. He came back to Europe with some sort of parasite, that lives in the muscle. Surgeons tried to get it out and he tried to deworm, but completely unsuccessfully. It only got worse and worse. He was desperate and finally he travelled to Amazonia once more to ask aborigines what to do. He was advised to put piece of thick speck onto the skin in place, where the creature lived, fix it and wait for 3 days. Then the parasite really came out into the speck. It loved fat and smell, where it was best.

cigana

Hi Camas,

You asked if you can use this if you are allergic to shellfish? Anju Usman MD in this video:

http://www.autism.com/pro_videoflv.asp?flv=dallas_2009_40_usman&h=480&w=640&VID=43

says that she does not use chitosan on patients with shellfish allergy.

This video also refers to a paper published that showed that chitosan can help get to bacterial colonies in our guts protected by biofilms, so this might explain some of the efficacy of diatomaceous earth.

Cig