• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

stomach parasites

judderwocky

well, the nice thing about DE is that just about anybody can use it, and the worms don't build up a resistance... so im definitely glad i found that as my first line of defense.
I was reading about the pumpkin seeds the other day, and I think i might try the cloves. I want to add a couple things to the mix... just to make sure i caught anything weird.

Stone

Hmmm....interesting about the cloves. I wonder if that's why spiced tea is so popular in many Indian (India not Native American) cultures. Just thinking publicly.

judderwocky

Hmmm....interesting about the cloves. I wonder if that's why spiced tea is so popular in many Indian (India not Native American) cultures. Just thinking publicly.

i think a lot of things are relics of anti-parasite strategies used in older times...

lassi... is a probiotic drink that is (aside from being very tasty) also very good at improving stomach health.... its in just about every Indian restuarant

Levi

Judderwocky,

U got a JPEG of your actual parasite that can be put up here?

Stone

How long do you think a person would need to take food grade diatomaceous earth without seeing anything before one could be assured it's not necessary? How much for how long did you have to take it before you started to see results? If I don't have parasites, I don't want to take it indefinitely for no reason. How much DE does an average person of say 145 lbs need to consume, how often and for how long without seeing results before resuming a preventative regimen? I know everyone's different, and there are so many different parasites and body chemistries, but I'm just trying to ballpark it. Can you help me with that? Just trying to get a picture.

I've been using it on my small dogs and around the house for pest control for years with wonderful success and have avoided a goodly amount of exposure to pesticides and what not, but haven't crossed the bridge to consuming it myself on a regular targeted basis yet, so I'm just trying to get some perspective.

RustyJ

Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'
How long do you think a person would need to take food grade diatomaceous earth without seeing anything before one could be assured it's not necessary? How much for how long did you have to take it before you started to see results? If I don't have parasites, I don't want to take it indefinitely for no reason. How much DE does an average person of say 145 lbs need to consume, how often and for how long without seeing results before resuming a preventative regimen? I know everyone's different, and there are so many different parasites and body chemistries, but I'm just trying to ballpark it. Can you help me with that? Just trying to get a picture.

I've been using it on my small dogs and around the house for pest control for years with wonderful success and have avoided a goodly amount of exposure to pesticides and what not, but haven't crossed the bridge to consuming it myself on a regular targeted basis yet, so I'm just trying to get some perspective.

Yes, J could you outline specifics on taking DE. I did a bit of reading on parasites some time ago. Many of these travel about the body during their life cycles. DE is specific to the gut. What about parasites in other areas of the body? Anyone have specific ideas that could be tried in conjunction with DE. Or will a gut attack short circuit the life cycle of most parasites?

judderwocky

Yes, J could you outline specifics on taking DE. I did a bit of reading on parasites some time ago. Many of these travel about the body during their life cycles. DE is specific to the gut. What about parasites in other areas of the body? Anyone have specific ideas that could be tried in conjunction with DE. Or will a gut attack short circuit the life cycle of most parasites?

The impression that i get is that they all seem to have at least one stage in the gut, and the DE seems to take care of most of the problems this way.... people that use it seem to have few complaints

having said that.... I think that there are some additional things that can be used to kill parasites in other places....
artemesia Annua is used to kill protozoa and apparently kills a lot of different types of worms (in mammals and apparently even some fish species) within about 16 hours...... its effective very quickly, but im still learning about it and its side effects.....

we get our vitamins through swanson and they had some one sale the other day, so i'm going to be trying that pretty soon... ill let everyone know how it makes me feel

as for the de... most people just take about a teaspoon at first and then work their way up ... just go with what feels ok i suppose... ive noticed that it takes more with some ... about 2 tablespoons a day.... seems to be taking care of everything... and thats what ive seen others suggest

you can mix it with anything as long as you get it down. it tastes like granite table top.

Carrigon

I made a strong hot tea of cloves and ginger this morning. Hopefully that will help my stomach. And I'll have to buy some pumpkin seeds. I used to use pumpkin seed oil years ago, but I don't know how effective it was.

I've tried wormwood in the past, but it gave me scary heart pain, so I never took it again.

Garlic has never worked for me, no matter how much it's recommended on the net. I tried it raw many times.

The only few things I know of that actually do work are raw ginger, cloves, and fresh pineapple. And that's kind of the problem, you need all fresh ingredients for them to really be effective. The powdered stuff doesn't work that well, and the canned pineapple is useless. You need fresh, raw natural ingredients. Raw ginger has been shown to kill lots of different worms. But you need to eat it raw. Although I have heard pickled ginger works, too.

dannybex

Judderwocky -- how often do you take it? Every day...more than once a day? Do you take it away from meals -- at the end of the day perhaps?

It was prescribed by my doc months ago, (tested better than that expensive microsilica product), but have always wondered when in the he-double-toothpick I could take it, for fears it would chelate or bind to other nutrients from foods, other supps, etc.?

judderwocky

Judderwocky -- how often do you take it? Every day...more than once a day? Do you take it away from meals -- at the end of the day perhaps?

It was prescribed by my doc months ago, (tested better than that expensive microsilica product), but have always wondered when in the he-double-toothpick I could take it, for fears it would chelate or bind to other nutrients from foods, other supps, etc.?

I think its primarily a contact binding agent... at least the bentonite clay is... so i take my pills first thing in the morning... then wait, and eat some food, then i take my de after the food ... i figure that puts the food inbetween the two... if i have to take more pills, i try to eat a meal or snack before taking more of the pills....but i repeat this a couple times...i feel like as long as you give it some distance with some food its not going to bind it up.... also i take kefir to help restore balance after all the DE....

i take about 2 tablespoons each time... so 6 total a day.... thats really a lot ... but i feel like i'm still passing these critters out and i want it to be OVER.

The worm wood comes in the mail tomorrow.... i'm going to probably stop taking my NAC since it counters the effect of the vermifuge .... but hopefully in the next few weeks this will all be over with. i hope.

leaves

People I dunno, this all sounds very good but I was reading about it and it doesnt seem very safe to me; this "earth" works by ripping up parasites, all good but will it not rip up or damage other things (like your guts) as well; i mean this little piece of silica is not going to distinguish the good guys from the bad guys. The articles I read about it do not sound very scientific, they do all cite this nobel prize winner (who happened to be a nazi too)that "life cannot exist without silica" but that does not add to credibility IMHO (I mean life cannot exist without the sun either, but that doesnt mean you have to sit on it). Anyone can convince me this is indeed safe?

judderwocky

People I dunno, this all sounds very good but I was reading about it and it doesnt seem very safe to me; this "earth" works by ripping up parasites, all good but will it not rip up or damage other things (like your guts) as well; i mean this little piece of silica is not going to distinguish the good guys from the bad guys. The articles I read about it do not sound very scientific, they do all cite this nobel prize winner (who happened to be a nazi too)that "life cannot exist without silica" but that does not add to credibility IMHO (I mean life cannot exist without the sun either, but that doesnt mean you have to sit on it). Anyone can convince me this is indeed safe?

There are tons of people thats used it... its FDA certified for mass consumption....

the particles just don't hurt humans.... the parts of my body that have been "cleared" so far... (my upper intestines) feel...light, healthy, cleansed.... i guess my bowels were somewhat inflammed from all the parasites... ive dropped a pants size i think in the last two days... maybe sevearl actually.... my stomach feels... just completely relieved compared to what it was...

also... i have reason to believe i gotten rid of a lot of other putrid matter that had been clogged up.

I can asure you, it is indeed safe... there are farmers that use this on all their animals....

as long as you don't exceed 2% of the food weight, its perfectly safe for mass consumption...

its not like eating glass ... i know it sounds that way... but its actually already present in some levels in foods and grains.... you actually already eat it and just don't know it.... a huge number of commercial farms spread it into the grains and attempt to completely coat the grain with the stuff to prevent insects from eating stored stuff....

leaves

Hey Judderwocky,
Thanks for your reply, I am very happy that you have found something that helps you. Please keep reporting on how you are doing!

Victoria

Just started readng this thread Judderwocky, and remembered (vaguely) from my herbal medicine studies many years ago, that wormwood was toxic, so I looked it up under harmful herbs & this is what it said.......

Medicinal uses: Wormwood has mainly been used as bitter tonic, to increase appetate, stimulate gastric secretion, and improve digestion. It is very useful in cases of dyspepsia dn flatulence. It is also employed as an anthelmintic to expel pinworms and roundworms, particularly in children. it is also occasionally used as a nerve tonic and sedative.

Toxicity: It is toxic in overdose and in long-term applications. Symptoms of acute poisoning include vomiting, dizziness, vertigo and tremor. The isolated oil is particularly hazardous because of the presence of neurotoxic thujone. The oil when ingested in an excessive dose can cause dementia, intoxication, convulsion, and even death. The oil may cause uterine bleeding, which may leads to abortion. Chronic poisoning has been recorded in individuals who had a habit of consuming the alcoholic drink "absinthe" common 100 years ago.

Contraindications: Wormwood should be avoided during pregnancy, and cases of haemorrhoids, peptic ulcers, and acute gastro-enteritis.

(from Herbal Remedies - Harmful and Beneficial Effects by Profesor S Talalaj & Dr A S Czechowicz).

When I was studying herbal medicine, from all my reading, I concluded that this book was an accurate & excellent source of information.

Judderwocky, you've probably already read about Wormwood's toxic effects in your own research, but just thought to include this info for other members reading this thread, just in case they thought it was a harmless herb.

Wormwood was used as a strewng herb in Medieval times in bedchambers etc to eradicate bugs.

judderwocky

Just started readng this thread Judderwocky, and remembered (vaguely) from my herbal medicine studies many years ago, that wormwood was toxic, so I looked it up under harmful herbs & this is what it said.......

Medicinal uses: Wormwood has mainly been used as bitter tonic, to increase appetate, stimulate gastric secretion, and improve digestion. It is very useful in cases of dyspepsia dn flatulence. It is also employed as an anthelmintic to expel pinworms and roundworms, particularly in children. it is also occasionally used as a nerve tonic and sedative.

Toxicity: It is toxic in overdose and in long-term applications. Symptoms of acute poisoning include vomiting, dizziness, vertigo and tremor. The isolated oil is particularly hazardous because of the presence of neurotoxic thujone. The oil when ingested in an excessive dose can cause dementia, intoxication, convulsion, and even death. The oil may cause uterine bleeding, which may leads to abortion. Chronic poisoning has been recorded in individuals who had a habit of consuming the alcoholic drink "absinthe" common 100 years ago.

Contraindications: Wormwood should be avoided during pregnancy, and cases of haemorrhoids, peptic ulcers, and acute gastro-enteritis.

(from Herbal Remedies - Harmful and Beneficial Effects by Profesor S Talalaj & Dr A S Czechowicz).

When I was studying herbal medicine, from all my reading, I concluded that this book was an accurate & excellent source of information.

Judderwocky, you've probably already read about Wormwood's toxic effects in your own research, but just thought to include this info for other members reading this thread, just in case they thought it was a harmless herb.

Wormwood was used as a strewng herb in Medieval times in bedchambers etc to eradicate bugs.

I'm using artemsia annu, which is actually not toxic. Artemisia annua, Also known as "chinese wormwood" or "sweet annie" doesn't have the chemicals that makes european wormwood, Artemisia absinthium - from which the famous drink is made.... but the annua sp. is considered much much safer... only two of the plants in the artmesian genus supposedly are dangerous... and its the one that was used to make the intoxicant....

I thought I made that clear... its of the same family as the kind of wormwood you are describing... the kind used to make absynth , but tthis is actually chinese wormood, artemisia annua

The World Health Organization has collected data on Artemisia Annua to treat malaria in rural areas where people can't get traditional medicine...

here are toxicity studies done on Arteminisinin which is derived from Artemisia annua, and on two of its derivatives that are produced by pharmaceutical companies.

This plant is incredibly valuable to those in tropical moist areas -

http://www.who.int/prequal/info_app...clinical_Overview_Artemisinin-Derivatives.pdf

Interestingly... the LD50's for the derivates are much lower than the actual herb... basically the pharm versions are way more toxic....

but the substances themselves are pretty safe...especially in the dosages for worms...

at higher levels... I tend to doubt their safety... also its just for temporary use... the worms should be dead within 16 hours of the first dose... most of the time a second or third is ... overkill ;p

just be very careful which species you are buying....

Victoria

Thanks for clarifying that, Judderwocky,

I missed where you said artemisa annua.

Just goes to show how one can misread posts.

Also reaffirms how important it is to get the variety of herb correct.

Concerning Absinthe, it was very common in my home country (Switzerland) until it got banned for the reasons above. A few years ago it was made legal again since those toxicity claims seemed unfounded after all. In any case, even during the decades of ban, all the farmers I knew were still having their own private 'illegal' production of it. I remember my grandpa would give a small glass of it (weird blue color) to my cousins when they were having stomach issues... That was supposed to be dynamite to solve all kinds of stomach problems. There were a lot of past folk remedies that were great and that we lost, like fennel tea for newborns, cod liver oil for children, castor oil, absynthe, these all were helping our bodies. Heck, even the benefit of newborns getting a mouthful of the moms gut flora during a natural vaginal birth is getting lost now that C-section rates are climbing and everything is getting ultra-sanitized in hospitals (except MRSA)...

judderwocky

Thanks for clarifying that, Judderwocky,

I missed where you said artemisa annua.

Just goes to show how one can misread posts.

Also reaffirms how important it is to get the variety of herb correct.

its confusing, and definitely worth mentioning... when I ordered the annua i almost bought the wrong one ! so i think its goot to point it out