• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Stomach pain, tinnitus, migraines, etc.

morgan_25

Recently, in about the last week or so, I have been having some odd stabbing pain on the right side, in my gallbladder region. It was really bad a few nights ago when it woke me up in the people of the night, again severe stabbing in my upper right region just under my right breast, but it also came along with my severe aching I usually get if I am having a crash, only it was coming from the area where I was having the stabbing, under my armpit and down my right arm. I also experienced shooting pain up the right side of my neck and the right side of my face, causing a severe migraine, mostly just on that side. I have not really experienced anything like this in the past.

I have also been experiencing tinnitus in both ears, pain in my jaw when chewing or opening my mouth wide, severe temple pain, and swollen and painful lymph nodes. It’s not uncommon for me to have sensitivity around my lymph nodes, but now they are super swollen and pretty much my entire neck hurts as well.

About a month ago I also started having some problems with swallowing, feeling like there’s something stuck in my throat, feeling the constant need to clear my throat, but can’t cough anything up. Also, I have been breathing perfectly fine, it feels like it’s wayyyy up in my noggin. This is accompanied by some more severe pressure and pain around my eyes, eyebrows and forehead. I have been using nasal sprays, my nettie pot, and essential oils and nothing is helping. I am not certain if anything of these things could be ME/CFS related, but I’m finding a lot of things that I thought were something else, could totally be part of the ME/CFS, so I am just putting this out there to see if anyone has had similar experiences, or have been treated for something like this.

Wolfcub

I have to admit, I don't understand all the various pains and aches and symptoms that come and go with ME/CFS.
I get strange inexplicable things too, that are there one day and gone the next. For 3 days now I've had aches in the left lymph node in my neck, which has travelled at times, to my left jaw, then disappeared. Yet I can feel no swelling there.
This is odd, because it REALLY aches one minute, then an hour later, it's disappeared completely. Then it comes back....etc.

I get "twinges" in the right side of my head just above my eye, which I've had since day 1 of this 2+ years ago. They go away sometimes for weeks, but come back again when I am tired or have done too much physically.

Maybe if you do suspect you have a gall bladder problem....get it checked out? (if seeing a doctor is possible?) Do you get nausea? Coupled with the pain, if you do, that can sometimes be a sign of gall bladder trouble.

morgan_25

I have to admit, I don't understand all the various pains and aches and symptoms that come and go with ME/CFS.
I get strange inexplicable things too, that are there one day and gone the next. For 3 days now I've had aches in the left lymph node in my neck, which has travelled at times, to my left jaw, then disappeared. Yet I can feel no swelling there.
This is odd, because it REALLY aches one minute, then an hour later, it's disappeared completely. Then it comes back....etc.

I get "twinges" in the right side of my head just above my eye, which I've had since day 1 of this 2+ years ago. They go away sometimes for weeks, but come back again when I am tired or have done too much physically.

Maybe if you do suspect you have a gall bladder problem....get it checked out? (if seeing a doctor is possible?) Do you get nausea? Coupled with the pain, if you do, that can sometimes be a sign of gall bladder trouble.
Wouldn’t gall bladder issues show up in blood work? I haven’t had any abnormal results that would point to gall bladder issues. But it is just like you said, it will be here for a while, and then go away for a day or two and it doesn’t seem to get better or worse based on what I eat or if/when I eat. I just question if it’s severe enough I guess to be gall bladder, because while the pain hurts, it goes away, but then comes back.

Booble

If you want to start with something potentially easier -- I get most of those symptom from unconscious muscle clenching. Everything from pains in the rib area, ringing in the ears, discomfort in the face and sore throat. Especially the sore throat. Which took me a long time to believe it was from clenching!

I don't have a lot of advice for how to stop it, but you can "diagnose" it by relaxing and noticing where you are holding tight the most. Relax your muscles and then relax even further to see which keep tightening back up.

andyguitar

Wouldn’t gall bladder issues show up in blood work? I haven’t had any abnormal results that would point to gall bladder issues
If it's a stone in wont show up in a blood test. You can have stones for years that cause no symptoms but then one moves and causes problems. Would show up in ultra-sound scan. I would get this looked at. Your other symptoms might not be connected to it. But gallbladder problems can really mess people up.

morgan_25

If it's a stone in wont show up in a blood test. You can have stones for years that cause no symptoms but then one moves and causes problems. Would show up in ultra-sound scan. I would get this looked at. Your other symptoms might not be connected to it. But gallbladder problems can really mess people up.
Okay yeah I haven’t had an ultrasound done on it I don’t think. I’m in between doctors right now, but I am looking at a particular one that it’s hopeful so fingers crossed I can get that done 🤞🏻