• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

starting cycloferron

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
i Have done 2 days in a row of cycloferon injections, today the third day was a break from the jab. I will continue injections every second day for the next 5 days then 1 injection every monday and thursday and see how i go. Im definately feeling better then 3 days ago before i started these injections. It seems to reduce brain fog which i think is due to inflammation. Searching for info on cycloferon shows it has anti-inflammatory effects but i also searched interferon which is what cycloferon stimulates our bodies to make and interferon is also given as a drug to hepatittis and people with MS and it seems to help people with MS by reduce inflammatory cytokines which damage their nerves. For those that dont know, MS is a condition where there nerves are damaged and possibly an auto-immune condition but is debatable if there is an infection based cause. The problem with giving interferon is that of side effects and also when it is stopped our bodies have a lag period before it produces its own interferon again, this doesnt occur with interferon inducers like cycloferon and imunovir. The anti-inflammatory effects are probably the main reason why it helps and is used with other medications as reducing inflammation can help drugs/meds penetrate tissue better. I also think it is used in HIV with people on antiretro drugs as it reduces the reconstitution syndrome which comes with retro drugs. reconstitution syndrome is an inflammatory condition related to HIV treatment.

A cfs friend i know has started cycloferon tablets and says he is feeling better and its only been a week or so. I would like to hear from others and their experiences with cycloferon and see if our experiences are similar or if it depends on what infections we have etc.

cheers!!!

heapsreal

I have just reread some info saying that cycloferon has a 10 fold upregulation of alpha-interferon gene and 100 fold upregulation of beta-interferon gene in human blood samples after administration of cycloferon. From other readings, what i can gather is alpha and beta interferon have anti-inflammatory effects and gamma interferon has pro-inflammatory effects and so far havent come across any info where cycloferon effects gamma interferon. So i think early results come from this anti-inflammatory response and long term results come from interferons ability to increase the function of natural killer cells, which us cfsers are lacking, also interferon is said to have direct antiviral effects. It seems to be an all in one treatment, but its early days yet. Is it a cure, mmm i dont know, but it seems to be helping and i think it will work best in a combo therapy as the eastern europeans have found. There was one person on this board who originated from russia, i think?? that had multiple doses of cycloferon and got no improvement, so maybe not for everyone but i suppose it depends on what type of infections and immunodefiencies are present.

cheers!!!

Rita

Hi, Heapsreal !
I am closely following your experiences with Cycloferon. I'm glad it works for you. Unfortunately, it is a Russian product that surely will never be in the treatment of Western doctors, so we only know of experiences like yours. I hope your improvement continues and can be a cure.
The injections will you put yourself or does a nurse?

heapsreal

hi rita,
Im from australia and i order my cycloferon in to the country and its quite cheap compared to some cfs treatments. there are tablets as well so injections arent necessary if needle phobic and wanting to try them, i am trialling injections to see if theres a difference and at this stage they seem to work alot quicker. I do my own injections, injections are apart of what i do for a living. A prescription is not required but my doctor knows i use it and understands its effects. Im sure if i needed a prescription my doctor would write one for me, he is also open to different treatments etc. One of the reasons i came accross cycloferon was when i was searching for a cheaper source of imunovir, cycloferon was alot cheaper and has a lot of science behind it searching through pubmed. Cycloferon also kept coming up when i was searching for ways to increase nk cell function. Another day has passed and i dont feel to bad, im still waiting on my order of famvir , which i will be running out of soon, so will be interesting to see how i go on no av's and just cycloferon, although i have a heap of valtrex left over that i might use until famvir arrives.

cheers!!!!!

Purchasing cycloferon

Hi Heapsreal,
I've had CFS for 14 years after contracting Ross River Virus. Very interested in trying Cycloferon but pharmacy101.com is no longer online. Are you aware of anyone that has successfully purchased Cycloferon tablets from an internet store? I would really appreciate that information.
Thanks
Tony

heapsreal

hi tony,
I got my last order from these guys http://www.drugspro.org/skin-problems/cycloferon.html there also a bit cheaper then pharmacy1010, i dont know what had happened to them as their site wont open. Let us know how u go, looking at its mechanisms it should help u with ross river as its used for many different viral infections. good luck with it. My friend that i have mentioned who has started cycloferon has also had ross river and doing well on it.

cheers!!!

Rita

Do you know this page:?
http://cfsendeavor.blogspot.com/2009/06/imunovir-versus-inosine.html

Im no completely sure if is the same to take imunovir or inosine, but inosine is a lot cheaper
than Imunovir.

I want to try inosine and cycloferon, but,unfortunately, I have not a doctor
to control , advise, or test me.
I want also to try colostrum and betaglucans (some mushrooms), but all in little quantities
to avoid herx.
Like kutapresin is made from liver extract, and is very expensive and only by injection,I think that perhaps
is interesting to eat a lot of liver from pigs or bovine well raised(I dislike a lot to eat it...)

Take care

heapsreal

hi rita,
thanks for that info, i have tried inosine before and the first time i had about 4 weeks of feeling 99.9% recovered but it only lasted 4 weeks, i have since tried to repeat this but it hasnt worked the same although it has helped with creeky/painful joints. Theres was someone on here that mentioned imunovir is a combo of inosine and dmae and he took supplements of each to try and recreate imunovir, i dont know how he has gone since though. I think it would be hard to find a doctor who knows much about inosine or cycloferon, all u can do is give them some info on it and ask them what they think. Me, i just tried it off my own bat and mentioned it to my doc later and he seemed fine with that. Inosine has been around as a supplement for a long time so i cant seeing it doing u any harm unless u have gout, bodybuilders and athletes have been using it for years without any ill effects. Theres a few more people who have started cycloferon so hopefully in the next few weeks we will hear how they are going on it.

cheers!!!!

heapsreal

Recieved a text message from my friend who is trying cycloferon. He said he is feeling really good, he doesnt need to have an afternoon rest and the weakness he has in his arms and legs is reduced, he says he's not sure if he is just improving or its the cycloferon but he isnt doing anything different other then the cycloferon, but he is keen to continue using it. Yesterday i woke up feeling sluggish and i had to work in the afternoon and it was cycloferon day so i had another jab and again within an hour or 2 i felt good, fogginess had gone and i worked a 10 hour shift without too many drama's. It still suprises me how quickly and noticeably it works, for something to work that quickly it would have to be reducing inflammation, i think alot of brain fog is due to inflammation. I dont know if its a cure but im finding it helpful and keeping it in my arsenal of tricks.

cheers!!!

Rita

Glad to hear the good results of your friend,its encouraging. I hope, can be a cure or something like that in months (or years).

heapsreal

my famvir orders have been stuffed up so i havent been on famvir for a few weeks but the cycloferon seems to be holding me steady. Something i have found is that prior to cycloferon, i would feel sick as well as tired/exhausted, now that sick feeling has gone but fatigue is still there when i push it or getting to the end of my run of shifts. Im interested to see how i go on famvir with cycloferon. I will continue to use cycloferon and put it up there with famvir and my sleeping tablets that have helped me improve with this cfs, although feeling normal is hard to say as its been so long since i felt normal, i think u all know what i mean. Im going through hormone modulation now as they are all out of whack so hopefully this will get me to that next level and i can say i feel normal.

cheers!!!

undcvr

Hey Heaps can you tell me what size needle gauge and length u r using to get the Cycloferon in ? My pharmacist needs to know to advise me on it.

Thanks.

Hey heaps real. I must chime in here. I have been on cyclo now for a bit over a month. I have noticed an improve. I don't need Hanna naps in the arvo either. I work 5 hours a day in an office. Of late I have been playing f1 2010 with a wheel and I mean 5 hours straight. Something I could not have done 6 months ago.

In the last week I have been to two concerts. U2 and the eagles. Both massive events for me and yes at times I felt like I was going to break in half. But I didn't. I feel cycle has helped. Time has helped. And I have been on supps to support my liver for a year now. I'm no longer orange. Stools are good nice consistency and to regular movements a day. Hey heaps I'm missing those e mails you send.

heapsreal

good to see you back on here, for everyone else this is the friend i refer to who has used cyclo and found it helpful. Mate all that improvement souds great, do u think the cyclo is a big part to helping u as before u started it u were still in neutral. and are u going to have a mini break and see if its the cyclo helping? As for me its abit hard to tell whats happening as i have been off the famvir for awhile and have now added that and im on a trandsdermal hormone cream of dhea and pregnenolone as when tested were really low. Also i just got the back done atlast, the facet joint ablation where the burn the nerve to the joints that were causing all the pain, so know pain for atleast 12 months as they can grow back but should last longer. I think not being in constant pain and living off tramal is going to be a big help for me. As for the emails your missing, i will keep an eye out for them to send on lol.

it all sounds good, did u get bond uni test done, i did my test last week, it will be interesting to see how it effects my nk function as my last bright cell count was the lowest one i have had.

cheers mate!!!!
keep in touch.

Cyclferon dosage

Hey heaps real. I must chime in here. I have been on cyclo now for a bit over a month. I have noticed an improve. I don't need Hanna naps in the arvo either. I work 5 hours a day in an office. Of late I have been playing f1 2010 with a wheel and I mean 5 hours straight. Something I could not have done 6 months ago.

Hi, I have received my Cycloferon tablets. May I ask what sort of dosage you used to enable the positive effects? Have you cycled or do you take a dosage daily? Many thanks, Tony.

heapsreal

From what i can gather for immune defiencies the dosage is 2 tablets every second day on an empty stomache half hour before food or 2 hours after food. keep in touch and let all of us know how u go.

cheers!!!

undcvr

Hi Heaps, hope all is well. I was not able to sign into this website for awhile, don't know why. My cycloferon only came yesterday and I started taking it as soon as I got it. While I was waiting for it I was taking Proboost Thymic Proteins. I have to say that I feel better on the Proboost and this is saying alot bcos I am now full force into the winter here. I think between the Valcyte and the Proboost I am feeling so much better. My Famvir is available to be picked up and I will do that later.

If anyone has taken or is considering Proboost, let me know.

heapsreal

hi hope,
Im doing well. Im still on famvir and using cycloferon and have currently been sorting my hormones out(which have been whacky). I have been using pregnenolone which helps regulate cortisol and helps increase dhea without increasing estrogen(i hope) and this has given me a good energy increase and i believe is helping with inflammation as well as my joints and knees have stopped clicking and hurting. I feel like all the things im doing are definately helping me move in the right direction.

Maybe consider adding your new treatments one every 2 weeks or so, so u can judge if its having an effect. Start the cycloferon before adding famvir because your already on an antiviral. Thymic protein looks interesting, i have considered using it but seems pricey and havent heard from many using it.

cheers!!
good luck