• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Starcycle - 4-Day Remission Using Biofeedback ?

Wayne

Hi Starcycle,

I ran across one of your posts a couple weeks ago or so, and was really struck by your description of a 4-day remission you had at one point using biofeedback. That may not be totally accurate, but I think it's pretty close to what you posted. I was just trying to locate your post, but am having all sorts of difficulties with the search feature. Every post I click on takes me to the start of Fredd's very long thread on B-12. Anyway, was wondering if you could provide a link to your post I'm referring to. And if you had any other thoughts about this experience that you could share, I would appreciate that as well.

Your experience fits in with a theory of mine that if I could somehow get my whole bioelectric system back in order, I might be able to have some kind of immediate result such as you had. By bioelectric, I refer to the whole neurological system, including the brain, and perhaps even the meridians that likely affect all of this. Thanks for any help or insights you can offer on your post and/or your experience.

Best, Wayne

Wayne

Starcycle's 4-Day Remission

Hi All,

Kim was kind enough to find Starcycle's post that I was looking for, so thought I would paste the relevent part of his post below in case anybody was interested. I myself found it a pretty intriguing account.

Starcycle's experience reminds me of Dr. Jay Goldstein's work (now retired) with CFS. He would experiment with a large variety of different drugs and try to find one that would almost immediately alleviate most CFS symptoms. He actually had a high degree of success with his approach. Isn't that strange? Sounds like a modulation of some of our neurological functions.

I've never wanted to go a drug route like that, especially since it apparently didn't always last a long time. But I did keep in mind that there may be other non-drug ways to produce the same results, and perhaps more permanent. I think Mike's experience with neural therapy would fit in that category.

Wayne

Starcycles Post Regarding a 4-Day Remission

I also know this neuro connection is true for me (for pre-virus CFS, maybe not viral CFS) because about a year after the initial crash, I got an EEG neurofeedback amp, and did some neurofeedback. After one of the early sessions, something "clicked," and I had complete and total CFS remission, 100 percent gone, energy back to normal for about 4 days. I was completely stunned. Just smooth, unlimited "normal" energy all day, it was really remarkable. The NF practitioner I was working with didn't have a lot of experience with CFS, and recommended I continue with more training to consolidate the gains, etc. (their model consists usually of the idea of long-term training with small incremental gains), but that whacked something out and I went back into the CFS state. Placebo effect? Maybe. But no matter how I "tested" it, the fatigue was totally gone. And you really can't fake that, even to yourself.