• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Stanford study enrolling now

BrightCandle

https://www.meaction.net/2021/10/19/stanford-study-enrolling-now/

Ron Davis’s lab at Stanford University is conducting a functional microbiome study in collaboration with Harvard University and Vassar College. They are looking for severely Ill, primarily bed-bound patients within the United States to participate.

How to participate: Email Anna Okumu at aokumu@stanford.edu and mention the “fecal swab study” in the subject line of the email. Participants will receive a $25 Amazon gift card upon receipt of their sample which will be sent in a pre-labeled, self-addressed package provided by the researchers.

Interesting to see Ron Davis doing microbiome tests, that suggests a big change in their research focus.

Rufous McKinney

I understand studying the very severe....

but sometimes wonder- how the other phases of ME flow into the severe phase.

and I guess someday we might know more.

Having done some research using paired statistics, I find that aspect very exciting. You can really strengthen statistical power, by using tricky math and paired sampling.

I did that using vegetation. Here, its using You All.

:hug: