• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sprayed chemical on thing below bed(sorry brain)

bensmith

So that thing below bed got urine on it from my cath. My mom sprayed some anti urine spray on it now it's killing me. I ripped out all the fabric I could, but still activating. Does that dissapate or is it there forever?

Pyrrhus

So that thing below bed got urine on it from my cath. My mom sprayed some anti urine spray on it now it's killing me. I ripped out all the fabric I could, but still activating. Does that dissapate or is it there forever?

If you're talking about the spray with enzymes that degrade the urine odor, it may also contain citrus fragrance to help cover the urine smell. If you already ripped out the carpet, the smell should eventually dissipate, but adding a fan or an air purifier with an activated charcoal filter might remove the odors quicker. Just guessing, though.

bensmith

Honestly not sure what the smell is. It's hard to desrcibe but sickly.

Box spring was the word I was looking for. Hope it leaves it's agro so annoying. I know my tv made me sick and that took about 2 weeks but that was outside. when I first got it. Really don't want to wait that long. might try and rip more of the stuff off if I can get help getting it upright.

Rufous McKinney

Yeah, we really need to minimize contact with chemicals....even natural things.

My sympathies---it should dissipate eventually...maybe dry baking soda might absorbe some odor and could be vacuumed up later.

My sensitivities definately get worse when I crash or am in worse shape...

today there was no reading the newspaper or looking at a magazine. Toss...away from body.

bensmith

Dude ok...this shit is on another level. here is the product so you can read some reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Mira...l_reviews&pageNumber=10&filterByStar=one_star

Apparently it basically ruins everything it touches for a lot of people. it's so strong, i can't enter my roon anymore. i had my mom bring some stuff, and that stuff that was in that room has now inffcetd the dround with that horrile smell and is now effecting me here.

Really worried what i'm going to do about this. people who used it on their carpets said it hasn't dissapated in 3 weeks. they said they took their rug to a oriental rug bro, couldn't get it out, just have to trhow stuff away etc. it follows on my skin and have to take a shower after I go into the room.

I am chem sensative but not even close to this level, this stuff is truly horrible.

christ in a chs cycle now, which could end me up in the hospital.

Last edited:

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
Yikes!!!

That is the worst product for people with chemical sensitivities on top of this disease.

Is it hardwood or carpeting under your bed?

Carpeting: Ask your mom to blot up as much of the product (if still wet) with old towels or newspapers. Then clean the area right away with fragrance free detergent and water.

Hardwood: You can uses an oxygen cleaner (fragrance free too if possible) with the water/detergent. She should leave it sit for a few minutes to neutralize the smell. Conversely baking soda and peroxide can help but even drugstore peroxide has hidden stabilizers that have smells so make sure you can tolerate that first before she puts it down. (Don't use these on carpet as these products will bleach the fibers.)

In both cases: After the floor dries have her put down newspapers or brown paper bags over the area to absorb more of the chemical. She will need to change them out as they become saturated with the smell.

If she doesn't have those, cotton blankets or toweling can also absorb but will likewise become saturated with that smell. Have her cover the entire area and keep changing it out.

Yikes!!! I'm sorry this is happening to you.

And of course have her open the windows in that room since you are not in there.
All cleaning supplies and toweling will need to be washed or disposed of right away and kept out of your vicinity.

Last edited:

bensmith

thanks judee. does anybody my sister and mom rapped the box spring in vynl bed bug stuff, maybe that will help? still reactive in the room but maybe it's something else. the box spring was horrible, it's at least sort of ok now. sort of anyway, like i'm still real sick but maybe I can make it a week hopefully. I couldn't be in here at all before nearly vomitting before. hope it doesn't just like prolong the gasing? Don't know if it's air tight or anything but it is helping. I need to throw it out I think. 3e don't really konw about this stuff. it's somewhat new for me, at least in such a major way.