• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

SPINA THYR a research tool to evaluate thyroid function, deiodinases activity, TH resistance

Wishful

I haven't investigated the studies about ornithine decarboxylase, but what was said didn't make me think it was worth my effort investigating further. As with the rat study, it's possible for studies to show something that is linked to the experimental setup, rather than what they were trying to study. I'd wait for someone else to duplicate the findings, preferably through a different setup (using rabbits instead of rats, for example).

As for the VGCCs, I still haven't found the experimental data supporting the claim, so I'm keeping that in the 'still not verified' category.

Yes there could be other ways for EMFs to affect biological systems, but I can't think of one that would be incredibly frequency-specific enough that modulation type would make a difference.

I don't hold any stock in microwave equipment companies. I just haven't seen any evidence to convince me that the fears about EMFs aren't any different than fears about any other thing that is feared just because it is new.

Sarah94

I've just run SPINA Thyr using my thyroid numbers from August 2018. This is what I've got:

TSH: 1.73 mU/l
FT4: 15.3 pmol/l
FT3: 5.19 pmol/l

GT: 3.01 pmol/s
GD: 31.37 nmol/s
sGD: 0.27
TSHI: 2.6
sTSHI: -0.14
TTSI: 147

(Incidentally, my more recent thyroid blood test came back at TSH 1.71 and FT4 13.2, but I didn't have FT3 tested so can't run the numbers through SPINA.)

I don't understand how to interpret the SPINA calculations, can anybody help me please? Perhaps @pattismith who seems to be knowledgeable?

pattismith

@Sarah94,

when you communicate about your thyroid results, it's important to give the normal ranges of your lab and if you take thyroid medications.
When I first run the Spynathyr, I had a low T3 syndrome and got this result with Spinathyr:

GT: 3.78 pmol/s(normal 1.41- 8.67)
GD: 20.76 nmol/s(normal 20-40)
sGD: -1.85 (normal -2 +2)
TSHI: 1.7 (normal 1.3-4.1)
sTSHI: -1.45 (normal -2 +2)
TTSI: 70* (normal 100-150)

this meant that my thyroid was ok, but my hypothalamus or hypophyse was hypersensitive to thyroid hormons, and my deiodinases were not very active.

Your results are in the normal ranges for Spinathyr.

Learner1

So, I've been reading about SPINA THYR.

It was developed for people NOT taking T3 or T4. It's useless for anyone taking T3.

Last edited: