• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Spanish study of XMRV

Rita

http://www.tv3.cat/videos/3070410/E...virus-amb-la-fatiga-cronica-i-la-fibromialgia

In the midday news today's regional television TV3 of Catalonia(Spain), have carried reports that a new retrovirus called XMRV is being investigated in the laboratory of virology IrsiCaixa of retroviruses ... Hospital de Can Ruti, Badalona. Says Dr. Juli Blanco, in the course of the interview, they are studying whether the XMRV could be the cause of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, given the high prevalence of patients who tested positive. What is clear, is to be the biomarker of these diseases, the long-awaited diagnostic test objective and test to diagnose these diseases. Next week, all teams working in the XMRV retroviruses are found in the U.S. to unify criteria. IrsiCaixa is the reference laboratory in the study of HIV and the new retrovirus XMRV in Catalonia.(Spain)

Rita

A Spanish CFS doctor said, few days ago, there are not any european XMRV positive.
I hope this changes after the XMRV meeting 7-9 september 2010.
Surely there will be some european studies from Sweden, Belgique,Spain,UK , all positives.
If you read the program of the meeting there are also some negatives studies.I desire the authors of this negative studies understand what they made wrong and not trying to defend his results.