• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Solmedx: New Scientific Discovery Shows New Mechanism How the Body Stores Reserve Oxygen Bundles

junkcrap50

I found this extremely interesting discovery and invention, in which I thought people would be very interested for CFS. The best explanation will be found in these two links:
SOLMEDX
We have identified ROX , a Reserve of Oxygen in blood, which is required by the body to generate the energy for proper functioning of muscles, nerves, and other needs.

Oxygen moves from red blood cells and concentrates into Reserve Oxygen (ROX™) bundles. Unlike free oxygen, ROX bundles move in water, plasma, and tissue. ROX bundles travel to and focus on the specific point of need, and then release oxygen at the site. The release of oxygen must be sharp and focused where it is needed and when it is needed. ROX in balance means good delivery of oxygen, good energy and good health. If more or less than a critical mass of ROX exists (unbalanced), ROX will not be released where and when it is needed; and radicals will be released at the surrounding tissues, causing widespread damage. This can begin a chain of events leading to disease.

These oxygen reserves (ROX) are available for transfer to tissues and cells, and can be measured. A ROX number indicates the strength of the body’s ability to fight disease. Normal ROX levels (i.e., 100) indicate a well functioning immune system. An unbalanced level of ROX (over or under) can lead to disease.It quantitates the body’s ability to deliver oxygen to cells and tissues for energy availability, immune response, and detoxification.

SUPPLEMENTAL ROX
We can produce ROX supplements for those who lack sufficient amounts. We can measure how much ROX one can produce and how much ROX one already stores, in order to supply the correct amount.

In short, Sam Sofer, PhD discovered a previously unknown mechanism for delivery and storage of oxygen "bundles," invented a method for measuring such oxygen reservoirs, and produced supplements to restore low oxygen reservoirs to normal levels. I thought this technology might be very useful for CFS patients since Dr. Sofer hypothesizes low reservoirs of these oxygen bundles can lead to inadequate oxygen supply to mitochondria, proliferation of reactive oxygen species and inflammation, and weakened innate immune defense. He is currently using his technology in studies.

I don't have the nerve or mental energy, but it would be great to email Dr. Sofer and tell him about how this discovery could be applicable to several aspects of CFS: immune function, mitochondrial function, detox, etc. I'm particularly interested in whatever supplement for this he has.

Hope others found this to be as interesting as I did!