• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Skin spider veins gone! but I don't know why....

pattismith

I had them on the legs for some years,
but I suddenly realized tonight that I can't see them any longer...

I am happy with that because spider veins are a sign of deep veins reflux (varicose), so i suppose i have done something useful, but I don't know what it is, and I don't know when they disappear, maybe weeks ago, maybe months...

This is something you notice when you have it, not when you stop having it!

This is not my leg, but it's just an example

1618919794099.png

Booble

Interesting! How nice for you that they went away.

Husband had a lot of those in his nose area that went away when he stopped drinking alcohol.

pattismith

@Pyrrhus @Booble

Spider veins (telangiectasia) on different parts of the body may have different meaning,
but in all cases, it's a vascular disorder.

(Mine were on my thighs)

I try to understand the changes I have done since last summer, but I can't find exactly what has worked for me.

I take constant large amount of good quality omega 3, and regular Salicylic acid;

These two are anti-inflammatories and blood fluidifyers.

I stopped oxalate-rich foods.

I stopped corticosteroids (my spider veins were there before i started taking cortico, but they certainly doesn't help)

I had two vaccines (Flu and pfizer/covid), but I doubt they had any good effect;

I started methylphenidate/modafinil in december.

These stimulants induce vasoconstriction, so they might have done some contribution to my vascular change.