• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

simple position/pose to calm/balance ANS & STIMULATE THYROID???

Wayne

I was wondering how everybody's doing with this exercise recently. Anybody still doing it? Is it still working, or not working? -- I recently started doing mHBOT regularly, and my sleep dramatically improved right away. I'm hoping this has the potential to reset my ANS, and strongly suspect it may already be doing so.
Could be ---- all I know is that I am still taking only 1/4 of my original Naturethroid dose and doing well with it.

@Mary, I've recently been having a hard time filling my Naturethroid prescription, so went online to try to find some answers. In case you're not aware there's been some changes at the company that produces it, I thought I'd post the following (from THIS SITE).

NATURETHROID by RLC Labs (formerly Western Research Labs) See Westhroid-P below. UPDATE: RLC stopped production of their NDTs in 2017, stating it was due to updating their machinery. When it started to come back in 2018, an awful lot of patients stated that the “new” Naturethroid caused their symptoms to come back with a vengeance, and labs proved it. The most current list of added fillers to the Porcine Thyroid Powder are: Opadry II Clear coating is Polyvinyl Alcohol USP, Talc USP, Polyethylene Glycol NF. If you see something different on your Naturethroid bottle, let me know.​

Last edited:

Mary

Moderator Resource
Hi @Wayne, I have not been doing that exercise for quite awhile. It did rev up my thyroid, probably a good thing but then my sleep, which it had helped initially, got quite a bit worse because my thyroid was working better! Not fair at all! :bang-head: So I just stopped it. But it really was very helpful for some weeks, especially when I was tapering off of lorazepam.

About Naturethroid - yeah, this keeps happening, where it becomes almost impossible to get. I don't know why. A good place which so far has had a great supply (and reasonable prices) is Santa Monica Homeopathic Pharmacy, in Santa Monica, CA. Their phone is (310) 395-1131.

I'm looking at the bottle right now, and unfortunately the ingredient list is covered up by the prescription label! But they're very nice there, and I bet if you called them they'd be happy to tell you the ingredients.

It seems to work fine for me, my thyroid numbers are good (I take 2 gr. a day).

Interesting about the mHBOT! Did you buy a unit or are you doing treatments somewhere?

kangaSue

I'm not doing it often as I've found that nothing else has really changed from it and I find I can get more abdominal pain relief from taking a combo of sodium bicarbonate and apple cider vinegar which is less time consuming.

I still find it to be a good relaxation position when things wind me up more than normal though.

digital dog

Thanks you for directing me to this Mary. I appreciate it.
I don't want to stimulate my thyroid at all; the effects are simply disastrous. I might try the pose though as it would be so gentle I imagine.
Mary, may I ask what your thyroid levels were before you started taking medication.
Do you feel your thyroid will repair without intervention?
many thanks

Mary

Moderator Resource
I might try the pose though as it would be so gentle I imagine.
Hi @digital dog - the pose is very gentle and very relaxing. The naturopath who told me about it said that doing it for 20 minutes or so was the equivalent of an hour's sleep. It really is refreshing. So I think you should be fine with it, at last initially. It was only after doing it daily for 3 o 4 weeks that I noticed my thyroid getting revved up. The energy was great - but not the insomnia! And again, I don't recommend doing it at night - it has caused insomnia for some people doing it then.

Mary, may I ask what your thyroid levels were before you started taking medication.
Do you feel your thyroid will repair without intervention?
I don't know what my thyroid levels were before starting medication. I've been taking it for some 20 years, I don't remember how long exactly. I think if I could do the pose daily, it might help repair my thyroid. Otherwise? I just don't know. To be honest, it's the least of my worries right now. My worst symptom is PEM, crashing after not doing all that much.

@digital dog - by the way, here's a tip: if you put an "@" sign in front of a user's name like I did with yours or like this: @Mary, the person will get an alert that you are tagging them. :nerd: