• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

*Sign Petition!*

Thanks VillageLife. This is a very important petition - can we rustle up 100,000 signatures??

urbantravels

disjecta membra
I'll repeat what I said on the other thread in Action Alerts - please sign with a comment about why this press release is damaging to the progress of the science on ME/CFS. You don't need to have your own mind made up one way or the other about XMRV - but sign the petition if you think the emerging science should be communicated to the public in an accurate and responsible way.

markmc20001

I signed the petition. FYI: one doens't have to donate money to sign the petition. It records your signing the petition before asking for a donation from "Ipetition".

Advocate

Thanks VillageLife. This is a very important petition - can we rustle up 100,000 signatures??

I wish! When I checked just now there were only 227 signatures. Sometimes petitions are so poorly written that I'm embarrassed to sign them, but this one is really well done. Does anyone know who wrote it? Thanks VillageLife, for publicizing it.

This is a really important petition. If people do not sign, many of us will face doctors in the new year who will have closed off their minds to the possibility of XMRV involvement. The press release was a publicity stunt with deep, harmful impact on future interest, funding and support.

It must be retracted.