• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

SIBO and ME/CFS similarities ......

EddieB

Without that, SIBO as the causative agent is just conjecture. Not saying it's wrong. It's just not knowable what role it plays, if any.
That would depend on your symptoms. If you have unexplained digestive issues, it’s worth a look.

As to a root cause, it may never be found. Sibo could simply be the result of any number of other neurological/ functional conditions.

I myself am looking at sibo as a symptom, rather than a root cause. I’m hoping the testing will reveal something informative. If I can (within reason) treat for sibo, and beat it back and feel a bit better, I’d consider that success.

lenora

Hello @2Cor.12:19. Yes, I know exactly what you mean about getting your hopes up...and then they're dashed, once more. I have to say that old age has befallen me and I now have plenty of other things to worry about. In my case, I have to say that my genetic profile is pretty lousy indeed.

@SwanRonson....It's very hard to prove or disprove something if the main research misses the details. I'm not saying that research shouldn't be done, it's just that we really should bear in mind that until it's proven, it's only a supposition. Like so many other things in life. Wishing both of you well...Yours, Lenora.