• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Should I take flourinef?

xebex

Flourinef has been suggested to me twice now by two differnt doctors. I have low blood pressure but doc says it’s not too low and they aren’t that worried about it.

I also have a possible spinal fluid leak that could be causing autonomic dysfunction. I can’t stand up for more than 20mins and am having to lie down most of the day. I would say that My energy levels are much higher than most people with ME who are bed ridden. I feel the majority of why I have to lie down is to do with my spinal injury, for example if I stand for too long I’ll crash and have a 7hour long sleep attack but that won’t be enough to provoke PEM the next day. I do get PEM but currently can’t be active enough to inflict it.

Salt and compression stockings aren’t really helpful in the long term by they can pull me out of a dip so to speak.

I’ve heard great and terrible things about steroids and am super apprehensive to try.

Does anyone have any experience/advice to share?

Thanks

xebex

@*GG* Good to know thanks, I’ve read all kinds of stuff about adrenal crashes and you can’t just quit it you have to taper off it, it makes me a little nervous!

Pearshaped

Florinef is a real game changer for some people.
In my case it helps ,but unfortunately not as much that it changes things drastically for me.
If I were you I would definetely give it a try, IF it works for you, you will notice it after a few days.

xebex

Florinef is a real game changer for some people.
In my case it helps ,but unfortunately not as much that it changes things drastically for me.
If I were you I would definetely give it a try, IF it works for you, you will notice it after a few days.
I’m so torn, if you have connective tissue issues it can weaken it further I don’t know for sure if I have connective tissue problems but some symptoms are suggesting it.

EDIT just found out flourinef doesn’t affect connective tissue.

Last edited:

perrier

May I ask whats the typical dosage and how fast did you notice effects?
Do you take 1-1-1 splits throughout the day or 0.3mg at once?

I will start with 0.1mg I guess and see how that goes.
How did your Florinef experience go? Thanks.