• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Shortness of breath, heavy feeling on left side of chest followed by brainfog and severe fatigue?

ChookityPop

Heavy feeling in the left side of my chest after exertion, heavy fatigue and brainfog?

Yesterday I was walking fairly slow and some of it uphill. I have done 2100 steps a day of walking the last week.
I suddenly got shortness of breath followed by somewhat weird heavy feeling on the left side for my chest which then led to fatigue and brainfog.

I have had this happening 2-3 times last two months. The last time was during sex after being in "push ups position" (sorry if its too much info, but how else would I be able to explain?). I got this heavy feeling in my left chest and had to stop. I immediately got super fatigued, tired, brainfoggy as well as my eye lids went kind of droopy and I fell asleep. This was late night so we were going to sleep sometime later anyways. The next day I was severly fatigued and had the heavy feeling on the left side of my chest. Spent the day lying down with my red light therapy lamp and it did alleviate in the coming days.

Diagnosis: immune mediated SFN, Dysautonomia (autoimmune?), APS, ME/CFS, high c1q/complement activation. Pretty sure I have some type of connective tissue stuff going on since I have mild Pectus Excavatum.

Anyone experienced this? Or have an idea of what it could be?

Last edited:

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I do think this disease affects our heart in some way either through pre-load failure like Dr Systrom talks about or a pathogen/resulting autoimmune reaction attacking our heart.

My crash days are usually my "heart tired" days and usually accompanied by some kind of heart discomfort. As you found aggressive rest for several days afterward is the only thing that helps me come out of it.

This cardiologist*** also talks ME/CFS and the heart too though I've only managed to watch a bit of one of his videos. IIRC there was one thing he said that I didn't quite agree with but most of what I heard in the little bit I watched sounded accurate. (I just don't do well with reading subtitles for some reason. :()

That being said, please do get checked just to make sure you don't have the early warning signs of a heart attack going on.

***I went back and watched more and see now why I didn't want to keep watching that video of his. He basically dismisses the issue as being anything having to do with the heart. Yikes. Frustrating.

Last edited:

ChookityPop

I do think this disease affects our heart in some way either through pre-load failure like Dr Systrom talks about or a pathogen/resulting autoimmune reaction attacking our heart.

My crash days are usually my "heart tired" days and usually accompanied by some kind of heart discomfort. As you found aggressive rest for several days afterward is the only thing that helps me come out of it.

This cardiologist also talks ME/CFS and the heart too though I've only managed to watch a bit of one of his videos. IIRC there was one thing he said that I didn't quite agree with but most of what I heard in the little bit I watched sounded accurate. (I just don't do well with reading subtitles for some reason. :()

That being said, please do get checked just to make sure you don't have the early warning signs of a heart attack going on.
Thank you very much for this Judee! I guess I need to get it checked to be sure. Though Its just like with the rest of my body. I get mainly PEM from straining muscles so I guess thats whats going on here.

I actually had something very similar in 2017 now when I think about it. I ended up qutting cigarettes shortly after.

Last edited:

ChookityPop

@ChookityPop please see your doctor re heart. It would be a shame not to treat something that can be treated. And good luck!
Thanks for commenting.
Ive had ECG two times today with normal results plus blood tests which Im waiting for. I have APS so the tests done so far wont rule out a clot but I will talk to my GP tomorrow.