• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Short term memory loss and Foggy Brain

Carrigon

Today is just a bad day for me. Short term memory loss is severe, I forget everything today. Names, things I've just done, my brain is a blank. And a friend is waiting to hear from me and if he asks how my day was or what I did today, I swear, my brain is too blank.

Foggy brained all day, too, for no reason at all.

Really bad pain all over all day. Just plain woke up in alot of pain that hasn't quit. So, I guess I'll be caving in and taking something for the pain tonight.

I hate days like this where you just wake up really severely sick for no reason at all. I haven't even taken anything today beside my thyroid med and pepcid ac. So I'm not on anything that would make me foggy and forgetful. I'm just plain sick for no reason at all.

Dainty

I'm sorry to hear that. :hug: I can relate.

Those are the days when I give myself permission to just rest, pamper myself as much as possible, and look forward to sleep in the hopes that I'll wake up to a more pleasant day tomorrow. For me it helps a little to just accept that this day is going to be a rough one, and look forward to tomorrow instead.

Here's to hoping tomorrow will be better for you. :hug:

Sing

I can relate! I feel this way especially when I haven't slept enough or well, and when there is low barometric pressure. This aside from how much energy I expended the day before, or what I have eaten or drank, or what pills I have taken the day before.

*GG*

Today is just a bad day for me. Short term memory loss is severe, I forget everything today. Names, things I've just done, my brain is a blank. And a friend is waiting to hear from me and if he asks how my day was or what I did today, I swear, my brain is too blank.

Foggy brained all day, too, for no reason at all.

Really bad pain all over all day. Just plain woke up in alot of pain that hasn't quit. So, I guess I'll be caving in and taking something for the pain tonight.

I hate days like this where you just wake up really severely sick for no reason at all. I haven't even taken anything today beside my thyroid med and pepcid ac. So I'm not on anything that would make me foggy and forgetful. I'm just plain sick for no reason at all.

Yeah, today was 1 of those days for me. Why are you taking Pepcid? I heard this is not a good drug to take, according to Dr. Mercola. FYI

Carrigon

Yeah, today was 1 of those days for me. Why are you taking Pepcid? I heard this is not a good drug to take, according to Dr. Mercola. FYI

I have severe acid reflux/GERD, and I can't take most ppi's. My insurance refuses to pay for the only one that I can sort of take, but even that one was making me sick, so I'm now stuck with the Pepcid.

The fogginess is better today. I still feel crappy, but I don't have all that cognitive stuff today.

i totally relate. bam.... for no reason..... something just pushed a button..... I find that in severe attacks the pain is the worst thing....My sister stayed at my house this week. She saw an attack. She is now a believer.... She was simply amazed at the changes I went through....

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
I've been experiencing progressively worse "brain fog" symptoms myself, over the last few years.

I've found a good bit of relief, with brain fog and other symptoms, since being on a hybrid combination of Rich Van Konynenburg and Freddd's B12 Methylation treatment for the last few months. I'm basically taking the Folate and B vitamins that Freddd recommends with Yasko's Neurological Health Formula and Phosphatidyl Serine Complex. I've tried both protocols separately and then experimented with mixing different elements from each. I've found that this hybrid combination seems to work best for me... so far.

helsbells

carrigon can you get mastika in the US, I get severe reflux as a function of allergies & food intolerances, I can't take PPIs and antacids seem to give me rebound symptoms. It will not cure it but can be the only thing to calm it down at times.

SOC

Symptoms increase or change with barometer pressure

I can relate! I feel this way especially when I haven't slept enough or well, and when there is low barometric pressure. This aside from how much energy I expended the day before, or what I have eaten or drank, or what pills I have taken the day before.

I frequently have difficult days when there has been a rapid change in barometric pressure. Mostly it's that the pain, which mostly stays under control with meds and supplements, increases.

My daughter's migraines, which started since she developed ME/CFS happen more often during barometric changes, too. I've heard that happens with migraines, but haven't heard it associated with ME/CFS.

Does anybody else have symptom changes with barometric pressure? Is this "typical" (as if anything is :rolleyes:) with ME/CFS?

SOC

....My sister stayed at my house this week. She saw an attack. She is now a believer.... She was simply amazed at the changes I went through....

It really helps, doesn't it, when someone actually sees it and finally believes?

I am fortunate that a handful of my friends and their families witnessed my sudden onset. Combine that with knowing what I was like before I became ill, they believe that I'm truly ill. I can't imagine how I'd be managing (like so many of you are) if no one believed me.

Dean, I hope your sister's understanding relieves at least a part of the burden of your illness. :Retro smile: