• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Shiitake and reishi mushrooms

I've always been a bit dubious of the research on mushrooms and I fully recognise this might be nothing more than a placebo effect, however, what a placebo it is!
I've taken reishi extract powder fir about 2 months, it seemed to increase energy slightly.
3 days go I started to mix it with shiitake extract.
I'm noting energy and a significant increase in cognition, word finding and memory as well as attention span.
Has anyone else noticed anything similar? if this is a placebo then I'm really surprised at the effect.

godlovesatrier

Yes you'll get a nice boost from it. I find it brilliant for asthma attacks and asthma in general. Sadly I was getting into a vicious cycle where I would have energy, use it, crash and then repeat - progressively getting worse. BUt if you can not get into that situation you're good to go I guess.

I used to buy pukka branded mushroom gold in the UK - that's an excellent albeit expensive brand. MicroNutri do great but pricey reishi extracts too. I think I am taking a 14:1 extract currently. It does "wake me up" I might try taking one tablet a day again as my immune system is rather tanked.

Yes you'll get a nice boost from it. I find it brilliant for asthma attacks and asthma in general. Sadly I was getting into a vicious cycle where I would have energy, use it, crash and then repeat - progressively getting worse. BUt if you can not get into that situation you're good to go I guess.

I used to buy pukka branded mushroom gold in the UK - that's an excellent albeit expensive brand. MicroNutri do great but pricey reishi extracts too. I think I am taking a 14:1 extract currently. It does "wake me up" I might try taking one tablet a day again as my immune system is rather tanked.

Good to know, I'll have to watch that, today I walked about 5K and mowed not just our lawns but the neighbours lawns too. So far the energy and cognition boost is almost unexplainable, probably a placebo but Ill take it :)
Im just using some cheap extracts from Bulk Supplements, they don't even give the details

godlovesatrier

Yes I'm taking some right now. Definitely works. Although I needs 5g of bcaas yesterday to fully wake my body up and even then I still felt a bit unsteady

gbells

Improved ME from 2 to 6
Be careful with mushrooms. I take Shitake mushroom extract and it has a cell growth inhibiting effect so I don't take it longer than two days on two days off. Otherwise you'll have problems with wound healing.