• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Shaving

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
It's good you figured it out, but I hope it don't happen to me. If it does, I'll be growing a beard! I can't shave without some kind of cream/lotion. Whew!!

*GG*

:Retro wink:
It's good you figured it out, but I hope it don't happen to me. If it does, I'll be growing a beard! I can't shave without some kind of cream/lotion. Whew!!

That's what I do, I grow a beard in the winter and just trim it down to stubble otherwise! Energy/time management.:Retro wink:

Hello,

I found out what the problem was.
It's Aloe Vera that I was intolerant to when shaving!
It's hell because it's everywhere in shaving products. From the little blue/white strip on the razor to the foam.
It's tough to find a razor without aloe vera on it nowadays! Either they are bad quality disposable or you must order double edge razor (what I did).
Now my problems are gone!
It's crazy that this intolerance started with CFS.
Thanks all for your help.

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
oh wow

Thats nice to know Jeffy - This will help others, someone has got to have the same

We are getting so many intollerences and with our malfunctioning brains it is so hard to figure out. We sure need each other.

I was in Winners looking at shoes and had "this horrid feeling"that I recognized from having showers. It is from the plastic in the shower hose and have also got some shoes that I cannot wear because of it and now can smell it in the shoe area of winners.

We need each other so much for all of this.

glen

In my case i suffer after shaves cause the irritation of the skin, i must have the shave without typicals brands like Gillete/Nivea/Wilkinson/etc and use ONLY ecological soap.

What it help me after the shave, its to use moisturizer body lotion (typical Dove white cream that the women use after a bath).

2 weeks ago i shaved my armpits (its a hot summer here) and i was sick with fever for 2 days... even using ecological soap and body lotion after the shave.

I guess its all about skin irritation.

BTW, what do you recommend? shave with random Gillette Fusion or an eletric machine (Phillips-Braun) for irritation problems?

almost 4 years later, i have the same problem.

I tried everything, but i dont know what to do :(

I tried razor blade, electric, with foam, without foam, ... i shave one per week, and everytime i do it i feel sick for 24-48 hours.

I dont know what to do, in my case is not chemical. I would do whatever to have a normal shave.

One thing i saw is not only about beard, is also about all the hair in my body

alex3619

Rather than shaving keep it trimmed with scissors? That is how I keep my head hair short. I just spend a few seconds a day cutting, every day. No creams, lotions, or chemicals, and no skin contact.